Jekyll Island Bike Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(88)
Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island Bike Trail is a 14.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jekyll Island, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 14.8 miles Elevation Gain: 147 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

partially paved

historic site

Great ride for everyone. You get a little bit of everything, wood bridges, ocean, beautiful tree covered path.

worth it!

Lonnnnng

The east side of the trail is sunny while the west side is shady.

bike touring

Wonderful trail! You have to go on road for a bit but there are very few cars so no biggie.

bike touring

Wonderful biking!!

Well marked Lots to do and see Busy lots of people on foot and rental bikes Plenty of places to stop eat learn watch and enjoy the scenery. Perfect on a breezy day Lots of shade Not for people who want to go fast

I hit this trail (or select portions of it) at least a few times a year. Like others have said- it weaves you through a lot that Jekyll has to offer, both historically and ecologically. There are an abundance of geocaches in the area which I enjoy. There is an entrance fee ($8/day/car) to get onto Jekyll Island because it is a state park.

Great biking or running trail! This beautiful loop takes you through marsh, historical sites and beaches. It’s an easy bike but can be several miles between stores so bring water. The well maintained trail is mostly paved or boardwalks, with an occasional sandy spot. Our 12 year old biked it with no problems as it’s very flat. No elevation changes.

Great trails to bike a bit! Peaceful and very scenic!

Easy and fun cycle. Worth it.

A great trail to bike, walk, or run. The boardwalk has a good view, and it is shaded on most parts. I love this trail.

Awesome trail around the island. Has a little bit of everything. Beach, marsh, “jungle “. Over 16 miles if doing the entire island.

My wife and I spent the morning on Jekyll Island riding the Tandem bike. So I wouldn’t call it road biking. A great time was had. It was 16.8 by my Fitbit.... we stopped a couple times as it was our first time riding that far. All the trails were acceptable, the bike paths mostly smooth, a little rough and narrow in very few spots. Great Father’s Day outing

Thu Apr 11 2019

Super fun ride with family and kids. Totally easy since completely flat. We all loved it!

Sun Jan 06 2019

lovely uncrowned January day! rode 14 or so miles to see beautiful Jekyll Island! just use the map at the gift shop ( before the park entrance)

Mon Jul 23 2018

Can be enjoyed by biking or walking. Many different types of scenery. Best to go on a weekday

Fri Jun 01 2018

Mon May 07 2018

It was a fun and easy mostly paved trail around the island. Some sections could have been better signed, but for the most part it was easy to follow the directions. if staying on the trails only, it would be best ridden on a mountain bike, beach cruiser, or hybrid bike. however, if you wanted to bring a road bike and stay on the road, that would be good as well. obviously, not any elevation changes to speak of, so a good selection from novice to expert, if the expert is willing to be there to only enjoy the scenery!

Fri Jul 21 2017

nice easy bike. can be crowded so go in the winter, its still warm but hardly anyone around.

Wed May 31 2017

Great well maintained trails, you will travel through several types of environments from Ocean beach, swamp, marsh, woods, historic buildings mansions,

Wed Nov 30 2016

I really didn't prepare like I should have and had a few problems as a result. Anyway on the last day of November the temp. was in the 80's and off I went. First I did not know if there was a designated parking area for the Bike Trail. Having not been to Jekyll for decades, I knew nothing about it. If there was any parking for bikers, I didn't see it. So I drove to the North end of the Island so I could get riding into the 12 - 15 mph south wind over with. The first couple of miles were big, wide sidewalks that were no problems for traffic in both directions. Later they gave way to sections of 3' to 4' wide which you had to stay alert on. I was directed to an unpaved, sandy trail at one point where I promptly got off my bike and walked awhile. 1" wide tires with 100 psi of air will put you on the ground with no warning on that kind of surface. The ride was scenic and beautiful in both natural and man made areas. This ride was fun and lots of people in the Jekyll Island area pitching in to make it possible.

Mon Oct 10 2016

I'm not much for riding bikes, but this was really fun. A lot of things to see along the way. I suggest stopping by the Driftwood Beach as you ride by. One of the best places you will ever see. You can also hike from entrance to beach down to pier couple of miles I think.

Mon Sep 05 2016

Beautiful, easy trail with tons of scenery. My family and I love Jekyll!! Bring bug spray. Make a point to see Driftwood Beach.

Sun May 22 2016

Great trail, mostly paved, scenic, historic. Great for bikes and on foot. Views include wetland scenery, piers, beach, historic buildings, turtle museum, and much more.

Tue May 10 2016

Awesome ride. Even saw some deer with fawns on the trail

Wed Apr 27 2016

Great ride. the weather was perfect and there wasn't too much traffic on the trail. Seen lots of birds, Squirrels and rabbits along the way. Stopped along the way to take in some of the sites.

Sun Jan 24 2016

Easy relaxing bike ride. Stop by the Mexican place (beach side) for margaritas.

Wed Oct 21 2015

My family bikes the coast side to Driftwood Beach every year.

Sun Jun 09 2013

My husband and I flew into Jekyll Island. We rented an electric car while there. Fun! We drove around the island. Beautiful island. Would make a great first or second home. I walked on the walking trail behind the island campground. Took about one hour. Lovely hike! There is a bird sanctuary on the island also. By far in the top two of the five islands that I have visited!!!