Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Ira B. Melton Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Decatur, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 32 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hike/bike/walk around the man-made paths of Ira b. Melton Park in Decatur, GA.

The area nice but the trail this app has you follow is impossible unless you are zoomed in and watching the whole time. Even then, you will probably miss turns cause the trail doesn’t line up. Had to double back 2-3 times at multiple sections, loop around from one trail to get to another, and just about had the life scared out of me cause I walked by man standing in the woods 5 feet off the trail with his back to me and wouldn’t move. I’ll go somewhere else next time.

My partner and I enjoyed this trail for the majority of the trip. Our only complaint with it is that the trail was not always clearly marked. We got lost very often taking a fork that looked the same as the trail that we were just on. We ended up crossing a log that had fallen across the creek and we pushed past some brush to find a cut through back to the trail. There were several times we considered turning back and going the way we came. It was nice that it’s in the middle of the city, but even just some color coded flags on the occasional tree would have helped us make sure we were going down the right fork. I’d honestly give this trail 3.5/5 stars if possible. The old waterworks was a really cool aspect of it and gave us plenty to see along the way. Definitely worth checking out, but prepare to get turned around at least once.

Easy shady walk with my dog and a nice stop at the creek. No signs across the other side of the creek which leads to paved walking paths and the Old Decatur water works.

Fun little trail with lots of options on which way to go, and a lovely water crossing over large rocks. A bit narrow in some parts but easy to traverse. It was very dry when I went today.

Great neighborhood trail. Starting to overgrow in some places, but it just adds to the charm for me.

It was pretty muddy, probably due to all the recent rain. There’s also a fun path over the creek via the rocks sticking out. My 6 year old enjoyed the adventure of it. Good for dogs too.

Cute little trail but not my favorite. Smells like sewage, and you walk through mud, then water, then sand. I did find a boardwalk trail near Mason Mill on my way which i liked so much better.

Sun May 12 2019

Easy walk. On street parking only.

Tue Jul 17 2018

I enjoyed my self. Water, creeks, and random unique buildings in the woods. Tons of hidden paths. Lots of fun. Gorgeous neighborhood.

Sun Jun 17 2018

Great little trail to take my new pup on a walk and to run around the creek!

1 hour ago