Indian Seats Trail Loop

Indian Seats Trail Loop is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cumming, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

No dogs allowed...

Great family hike! Amazing view from the top.

A decent hike that has a gradual increase in elevation. We are late 30's and early 40's. Wear your hiking boots as the rocks are plenty and so are the tree roots. You would be fine in sneakers but boots will really protect your ankles if you step wrong and your toes when you hit a root or rock. There were people of all ages on the trail from 2 years old to 75. We did the Indian Seats Trail and on the way down took the Yucca portion which connects to the Indian Seats. All told we did 4.3 miles in just about 2 hours at a steady pace and a 15 minute stop at the top. We did this hike on June 23rd at 9:00 AM. There was plenty of tree cover from the sun the entire way and a very nice breeze at the top. I would suggest doing this as soon as the park opens in the summer time because it will get quite hot. Great start to the day.

well maintained and not too crowded if you go at the right time. Beautiful overlook

Nice little North Atlanta hike. The trail is well-maintained and the views are great from the top. Indian Seats are cool. Not too crowded but we started early.

An awesome trail just minutes outside of Cumming.

Enjoyed this..beginning hiker..views at the observation deck were great. Not a lot of people on the trail.

The best quick hike for the view there is.

This was a fun trail. Not super crowded. Not too difficult. Well worth the view.

beautiful views

Fair hike for a great view. Well worth it!

Easy and great for kids. A little crowded. View are nice, but overlooking a road and chicken farm:(

Local favorite. Great workout with rewarding views!

Excellent trail! View at the top of the mountain is beautiful! Easy for all ages. And will definitely get your heart rate up.

Nice super easy hike!

Love this place, easy trail and an amazing view if you make it all the way to the top!

Definitely beautiful views if you have good visibility that day. Free parking with lots of available spots. Lots of room when you get to the top. Not a hard trail at all, I would classify this as easy instead of moderate. This would be a great running trail.

Not difficult at all. We had a hiker for whom this was her first hike ever. She found this to be easy

Great view close to town

The Indian Seats Trail is 3.2 miles and has nice views with food incline. I usually hike the three Hilltop, Mountainside, Ridgeline Trail Loop which is another 5 miles. Both together would make it a little over 8 miles. If your really trying to put in miles you can hike both loops twice and maybe on the second go around you can do it the other way for a different look. That would be almost 16.5 miles in that case.

Love it

I hate how dogs aren’t allowed here, that’s the only thing I don’t like, because I take my dogs hiking everywhere! Other than that, it’s very beautiful, and not a very long hike either.

My wife and I did this trail a few weeks ago. The trail is nice, moderately strenuous, and well maintained. We did hit a couple of spots where some markers would have been helpful; markers are lacking here. The view from the top is great, worth the effort! No dogs allowed.

Great hike. Took us an 1 hr. and 45 min. with a stop at the top. Slow going on the one side of the trail because of a lot of mud. Hiking shoes needed a bit of hosing off!

On the easy side of moderate. Cold and windy when we were there. Lots of people on the trail.

Great overlook.