Horseshoe Bend Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Epworth, Georgia that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It is completely overgrown! Not knowing all the other trails were closed we decided to checkout Horseshoe bend only to find that the majority of the trail is thorns. When we were finished her clothes were completely destroyed and my legs were scratched raw. We had planned to hike Beech Bottom which is a shorts/leggings friendly trail but I wouldn't even hike this trail with my boots and thickest pants. You can't take more than a step before having to liberate yourself from a bush which makes for a physically and mentally exhausting hike.

Too many bugs and giant spiders in your face. Paths over grown. Went a mile in and turned around, couldn’t take it anymore.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

I would rate this moderate, not easy. Destination
Hike, not very scenic. Great swimming holes and camp grounds. After intersection with Jacks River Trail, follow towards the falls for .5 miles to find more sites besides the large group camp at the intersection. Saw a wild turkey, multiple salamanders and lots of froglets:) we were able to do this with 3 kids (ages 11, 10, and 5) but it was more difficult coming out because of the steep uphill from the river.

Friday, June 10, 2016

This trail owned me. I had to turn around early due to it getting late. Never found the falls but I heard this was a way to get there. I turned around at the river, but the last 1/3 mile to the river was extremely steep, I put a pic here of one section bit it's hard to see how steep it was.

Saturday, April 09, 2016