Homestead Trail

Homestead Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cartersville, Georgia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

beach

Parking is $5 at the Red Top Mountain State Park visitor's center. You can also purchase an annual pass to park at all GA State Parks.

4 minutes ago

I really enjoyed this hike! It really kicked my butt in some spots!

Love this trail. My wife and I just hiked it today and it is a great work out. Not a strenuous hike but if you hike it at a fast pace it has some good elevation to give you a moderate workout. We will back more often.

canoeing

Great spot for a put in.

One of my close to home favorites. I run the loop clockwise to save the best lake views for the way back. A few hills but nothing hard on this one.

Great trail. Plenty of ups and downs.

Great trail. Hilly. Leased dogs allowed. Couple of points where you can get off the trail at the shore the the lake. Benches along the way too. Trailhead starts at RTM visitor center (camp store) where there are restrooms and a water fountain.

Great hike in October. Views of the lake, ferns and pine needles covering the ground floor. Beautiful. I would be thrilled to hike Homestead Trail again. At a good pace with a couple of stops to take in the views, we completed the trail in 2 hours.

Walk this trail after I had complete a 6.6 mile trail the day before. It was Labor Day weekend and we walk it on Sunday before the holiday. We walk 5.8 miles from start to finish. We will do it again. I thought it was easy on my knees. Well laid out.