High Shoals Falls Trail

High Shoals Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hiawassee, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1 hour ago

I wasn't impressed with this trail, the waterfall however was beautiful. the trail itself is nothing. no wildflowers, boulders or anything that caught my attention. very easily hiked trail, a bit of an incline on the way back. not much of a hiking trail, left a bit to be desired.

Easily hiked trail. Waterfalls are GORGEOUS!

Great trail with dogs! Lots of water access points. Mostly shaded the whole way. Only incline is the last bit of the trail, on your way back to the car. The road is easy to miss and you drive over a stream to get to the parking lot, but totally worth it!

Lots of people here today, water was frigid at first but felt amazing after a few minutes.

Great trail. Really easy to hike, fairly short and it's really relaxing to sit by the waterfalls. You can even climb the lower one although I wouldn't recommend it. Getting to the trail head is difficult but I drove my Nissan Altima through the bumpy roads and it was doable. Parking is all on the side of the road

Nice hike once you get to the trailhead. Highly recommend a 4x4 for the ride to the trailhead. There's a stream crossing that was about 18" deep and we chose to not risk driving our new car through. Luckily, a nice couple from TX gave us a ride to the trailhead.

Except for the felled tree on the trail, it is a clean and we'll maintained trail. Many gorgeous old trees, with giant canopies.

The road to this trail is about 12 miles past Helen. it's easy to miss the turn-in off the hwy, because it is a small road that switches back and down a little hill. You will pass a little house and then cross a small creek. I've crossed the creek in my little car, but there have been a couple of times after it rained that we were glad we had our truck. The trail entrance is on the left.
It's an enjoyable hike down the trail to the waterfalls. One waterfall does have a small dipping area. For us 40 + yrs old folks, the hike back up can be a little strenuous, but not "hard". We once brought our old 12 yr old Chow Chow with us. He enjoyed it but a couple parts of the terrain were a slightly difficult for him to get up and down.