High Shoals Falls Trail

High Shoals Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hiawassee, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A couple of great waterfalls. Short hike but worth it. Return incline steep. Hard to get to bc of creek you drive through. Many won’t want to do that.

Def worth it. Hot summer months- it’s great for swimming. Can jump off the top but check the depth first. I’ve done it and it was freezing.

The waterfall is totally worth the incline hike on the way back. Beautiful, some excellent backwoods camping spots, and you'll feel like a rockstar when you drive through a creek to get there.

You'll have to drive through a creek to get to the trailhead, and cars can definitely make it through, otherwise it's a little over a mile walk up a steep hill from the road entrance to the trail. There are two waterfalls with viewing platforms of each and both are really beautiful.

I wasn't impressed with this trail, the waterfall however was beautiful. the trail itself is nothing. no wildflowers, boulders or anything that caught my attention. very easily hiked trail, a bit of an incline on the way back. not much of a hiking trail, left a bit to be desired.

Easily hiked trail. Waterfalls are GORGEOUS!

Great trail with dogs! Lots of water access points. Mostly shaded the whole way. Only incline is the last bit of the trail, on your way back to the car. The road is easy to miss and you drive over a stream to get to the parking lot, but totally worth it!

Lots of people here today, water was frigid at first but felt amazing after a few minutes.

Great trail. Really easy to hike, fairly short and it's really relaxing to sit by the waterfalls. You can even climb the lower one although I wouldn't recommend it. Getting to the trail head is difficult but I drove my Nissan Altima through the bumpy roads and it was doable. Parking is all on the side of the road

Nice hike once you get to the trailhead. Highly recommend a 4x4 for the ride to the trailhead. There's a stream crossing that was about 18" deep and we chose to not risk driving our new car through. Luckily, a nice couple from TX gave us a ride to the trailhead.

Except for the felled tree on the trail, it is a clean and we'll maintained trail. Many gorgeous old trees, with giant canopies.

The road to this trail is about 12 miles past Helen. it's easy to miss the turn-in off the hwy, because it is a small road that switches back and down a little hill. You will pass a little house and then cross a small creek. I've crossed the creek in my little car, but there have been a couple of times after it rained that we were glad we had our truck. The trail entrance is on the left.
It's an enjoyable hike down the trail to the waterfalls. One waterfall does have a small dipping area. For us 40 + yrs old folks, the hike back up can be a little strenuous, but not "hard". We once brought our old 12 yr old Chow Chow with us. He enjoyed it but a couple parts of the terrain were a slightly difficult for him to get up and down.

This was a very nice trail. There are just a few parking spots - once full, you can easily park more along the road. The trail is moderately paved and very beautiful.

this trail was a fun drive to get there and a nice easy hike to two waterfalls

Bumpy road in with a creek crossing to access the trailhead - I think it keeps the traffic down - the two waterfalls on a single trail is like getting a two for one special - deep water on the first and beautiful falls on the second - other reviews has said this but it’s uphill on the way out - not difficult because of the distance however.

wonderful waterfall at the end. little busy, but it was summer break.

easy hiking with great waterfalls

Decided to do this hike in early June following our visit to Brasstown Bald. Our small car with low clearance was having some problems with the rutty dirt road; we decided to turn back when we came to a fairly wide (20? Feet) water crossing. We did see a Jeep go through; water depth was probably about 10" at that time.

**traffic is fast on 75; be careful as you come out of the dirt road.

It's a beautiful waterfall, & pretty easy to keep along trail. downfall was coming back up. Definitely harder coming up, than when going down. Coming up had me sweating lol. I wish we could've gotten in the water though, that would've made it so much better.