High Falls Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

$500 fine if you go in the non existent water! no biking.

This was a nice short hike with stunning views of the falls. We went early in the morning on a Saturday and by the time we were leaving the trail was starting to get busy. We took our 50 pitbull mix and she handled the trail fine and she couldn't resist jumping in the water. This was the perfect spot to try out our new hiking gear before embarking on longer treks in the Smokies.

A beautiful waterfall!!!! Easy loop, definitely go again.

Short walk right to the falls

Nice and short. Beautiful. Water fall

Nice, short trail with water views. Perfect trail for kids.

Heavily used trail with great views of the falls.

The Falls that cascade over the boulders are beautiful! The trail is very easy. I’ll go again!

this is a easy well marked trail. also if your hot a great place to cool off.

I have hiked this trail several times with my wife Donna and our dogs (German Shepherd and Shih Tzu). It’s a beautiful area. We all managed the trail easily. We have also canoed the lake and have picnicked by the falls. You aren’t supposed to walk on the rocks or in the water but people being people ignore the signs to cool their feet from the summer heat. It’s very dangerous as their are unseen holes and the wet rocks are extremely slippery. You can easily break a leg or ankle. I helped one lady carrying an infant who stepped in a hole. Be safe.

I absolutely LOVE this place!! From the trail to the waterfall, it's very beautiful. I love getting in the water and absorbing everything around. It's an amazing place, no matter the season!

Well-marked trail. Combine this trail with the trail across the river for a great hiking day.

This is right off I-75. A nice spot to stop and stretch your legs!. Beautiful falls!

Pretty, but rugged.

decent hike, nothing strenuous, short.

If you’re hiking with dogs the falls trail might be a bit too much unless the canines are experienced hikers

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Beautiful area with well-maintained trails. I managed to get off of the red trail by accident, but found my way back after a "side adventure". (The trails are marked, so this was purely human error.) The trail has a couple of steep sections and a creek crossing, so I'll take a pair of trekking poles next time. Overall, this is a fun, quick hike that has great views of the falls.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

This trail was fun. It was overcast today so we didn't get to take our time as much once the thunder started. I loved the peace and quiet and the sounds of the water and rapids as we walked. We will definitely be back.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Nice hike, narrow trail in some places with steep inclines. We heard songbirds and saw wildflowers. Plenty of spider webs, found an old stick to clear the path. Also saw poison ivy next to the path, so watch out for that.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Nice. Love that there are benches to rest on...added to my total time but was nice for helping with the steep inclines.
There were some nice sized trees down in the trail that might be a problem for some hikers.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

great

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Easy and kid friendly. pretty views also

Monday, March 20, 2017

awesome

Monday, February 27, 2017

I visit High Falls Park often. It offers more than one trail, and all of then flank the Falls. There's also a very nice camping area, too.

Monday, January 30, 2017

I love this place! It's beautiful and serene.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Beautiful hike.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Great hike and views.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Good place to swim in the summer.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Trails on both sides of the river. Stop by the ranger station and pick up a map. You wouldn't want to miss the abandoned powerhouse.