High Bluff Trail

High Bluff Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tallulah Falls, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really enjoyed this trail. It’s a nice walk through the woods with unusual and interesting geography. There are a several lookout points to enjoy. We didn’t do the suspension bridge piece of the trail so we ended up around 4.5 mile hike. So minus the 650 steps to the bridge and back up the other side I would rate this as a super easy leisurely trail. I would definitely do this trail again when looking for a quick easy hike.

A bit of a boring hike. I'm sure it would be a lot better in the summer.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Lovely walk through the woods. Nice way to spend an afternoon. We took the North Rim trail to get to the loop, and enjoyed some incredible views of the falls before reaching this trail. Be sure to obtain your permit first.

Monday, June 29, 2015

I'd make sure to check out the sliding rock!

Friday, April 10, 2015

Camped at High Bluff #2 just off the North Rim and High Bluff trails. Cold nights and great days. The park offers a Full Moon guided hike to the Gorge floor, really beautiful. Lots of day hikers on the main trails. If you like climbing stairs then camping this is the place. The Gorge is beautiful. I'll give it 4 stars because it was a great first trip for 2015.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016