Learn more

Hickey Gap Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Crandall, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 213 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great trail. Few camping spots. First come first serve. Tricky getting to the waterfalls.

Nice walk along the river from the camp ground. The last part someone put up a rope for the steep part down to the bottom of the falls

so this is a beautiful area once you finally get down the gravel road about 5 miles to the campground which is currently closed. walk down to the campground and go off to the right downstream. it was a beautiful little hike right next to the creek. lots of trees down so a little tough to navigate with small kids and a small dog. part of the way is ok but then it gets difficult near the big falls where the rope is down the hill which is steep and slippery. husband had a fall with the dog and banged up good. so be super cautious. it was very beautiful and peaceful there. no phone service.

easy hike downhill from mill creek road parking. steep. followed the mill creek one long splashy waterfall down to the falls. real nice upper then spectacular lower. super quick hike down and back up. its rained a lot and the waterfall told it.

Dana Smith, once at the bottom of the day use parking trail make a right to walk to the falls. if you make a left you will end up at the camp ground

Mon Apr 01 2019

Trail is hard to find if you haven't been there. Park at day use area and walk down to the campground. From there face the creek and look right (downstream). The trail becomes more visible as you get past woodline. When you think you should have already gotten to the falls keep going. .9 miles takes a lot longer in this terrain. The falls we're pretty full so we were very pleased although the kids didn't want to try to climb down the rope. Also be forewarned that you must drive on gravel for about 5 miles to get there. Altogether we loved it and can't wait to come back when we can swim in the pool below the falls.

Wed Aug 29 2018

my husband and i have been twice and cant find this waterfall with the rope swing??????? help.. we parked at the day use spot. we took the trail directly behind it. when we got to the bottom we walked upstream and came out at the campsites. we did see alot of pretty places just not that exact waterfall:(

Sun Aug 26 2018

Love this place , been going over 30 years

Mon Apr 30 2018

Since we have had so much rain for the passed month or so the falls were gorgeous!! Nice hike for the whole family. I baby wear so the last little leg being uphill got to me. lol. We all had fun.

Mon Nov 06 2017

Amazing place to visit. to get to the base of the last falls is no joke!!! the trail is not really marked follow creek down stream from the campground.

Sat Sep 16 2017

We could not find the trail. We asked the campers and no one knew. Would be nice to have a trail head marked. We went down several trails all the were the wrong trail. we would love to go back if I could just find it. Does anyone have any info for me?

Tue Feb 28 2017

easy trail until end at waterfall which has ropes with hand grips to go down and back up.

Sat Jan 14 2017

Great short hike. Just enter behind campsites.

Wed Sep 07 2016

went there this past labor day and had a blast! grew up going to hickey gap, and it was nice to bring my son back to enjoy the water. it's a short .8 mile of a hike that empties out into the creek before picking back up on the dirt a short distance later. the day use parking is small, and dont let it fool you, the trail doesn't start where you park despite what it looks like. if you walk down to the camp sites, the trails starts along the creek to the right, right behind the campsite. love this place! bring your family, they'd enjoy it too!

Sun Aug 07 2016

Short, easy hike out and back with deep swimming hole at the last fall. Fun rope swing.

Thu May 19 2016

love this trail and the views are breath taking.

Sun Apr 03 2016

Great hike and nice views. Trail needs marking, it's kind of easy to get off trail and possibly get lost. There are parts that would be hard for small children and dogs. But there are 2 great waterfalls, plenty of places to put up a hammock and enjoy the view. There is only 1 small parking area for hikers labeled "Day Use".

Sat Mar 12 2016

Love this short trail, getting to the bottom of the falls is a little tricky but worth it.

Sun Nov 23 2014

Very nice hike along the river. Pretty falls at the end. It is a bit steep to get to the falls. Not good for dogs and younger children. I had to tie my dog to a tree for my descent to the falls. If my kids were smaller I would have tied them to a tree also. (just kidding) There are no blazes or marker for the trail head. I had to ask some campers where to start. I will be back to do it again.

Sat Sep 07 2013

Easy hike until you get to the falls, then it's straight down almost, some kind hiker was good enough to leave rope behind to climb down with. Great hike, nice falls, however people should be more thoughtful and take their trash with them when they leave