Hickey Gap Trail

Hickey Gap Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Crandall, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Amazing place to visit. to get to the base of the last falls is no joke!!! the trail is not really marked follow creek down stream from the campground.

We could not find the trail. We asked the campers and no one knew. Would be nice to have a trail head marked. We went down several trails all the were the wrong trail. we would love to go back if I could just find it. Does anyone have any info for me?

easy trail until end at waterfall which has ropes with hand grips to go down and back up.

Great short hike. Just enter behind campsites.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

went there this past labor day and had a blast! grew up going to hickey gap, and it was nice to bring my son back to enjoy the water. it's a short .8 mile of a hike that empties out into the creek before picking back up on the dirt a short distance later. the day use parking is small, and dont let it fool you, the trail doesn't start where you park despite what it looks like. if you walk down to the camp sites, the trails starts along the creek to the right, right behind the campsite. love this place! bring your family, they'd enjoy it too!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Short, easy hike out and back with deep swimming hole at the last fall. Fun rope swing.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

love this trail and the views are breath taking.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Great hike and nice views. Trail needs marking, it's kind of easy to get off trail and possibly get lost. There are parts that would be hard for small children and dogs. But there are 2 great waterfalls, plenty of places to put up a hammock and enjoy the view. There is only 1 small parking area for hikers labeled "Day Use".

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Love this short trail, getting to the bottom of the falls is a little tricky but worth it.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Very nice hike along the river. Pretty falls at the end. It is a bit steep to get to the falls. Not good for dogs and younger children. I had to tie my dog to a tree for my descent to the falls. If my kids were smaller I would have tied them to a tree also. (just kidding) There are no blazes or marker for the trail head. I had to ask some campers where to start. I will be back to do it again.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Easy hike until you get to the falls, then it's straight down almost, some kind hiker was good enough to leave rope behind to climb down with. Great hike, nice falls, however people should be more thoughtful and take their trash with them when they leave

Tuesday, March 29, 2016