Helton Creek Falls Trail

Helton Creek Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a short hiking trail that leads down to two large waterfalls and a swimming hole. The trail is at times steep but short. There are stairs in a few places. There a two waterfalls. The bottom fall is 0.25 miles from the parking lot and the top fall is another 0.2 miles. The one at the top is one of the most beautiful you will find in Georgia. The falls drop into an exotic blue, green lagoon. There is a wooden deck, but you can go around and get closer. Be careful though!

Beautiful falls. A quick and easy trail to get there with an observation deck. Just make sure to come in from Hwy 19 side instead of Hwy 348 unless you can make it through 2 creeks.

Pretty Falls and very short easy hike!

Awesome waterfall and easy to hike and find. Parking for about 10 cars. Trail is wide, a bit muddy but a perfect walk and only .3 miles. Walkway and stairs make the climb easy.

Great short walk while out and about. The only people who shouldn’t do this “hike” are ones who can’t handle stairs. Otherwise it is very short and easy. The road on the back way in to the trail (not from Vogel) was a great scenic drive with two shallow creek crossings. I’m not sure I would want to take a car through it but any SUV or truck should be fine.

Absolutely wonderful trail! Amazing views!

We came in from Vogel State Park way-very windy one way road with lots of potholes. Waterfall was amazing! Very easy quick walk to it. Trail has stops at bottom, middle and top of falls.

Beautiful falls quick hike. Great for kids. Takes about 15 minutes to hike with a 6 year old :)

Enjoyed this quick visit.

Barely even a walk from the parking area, these falls are an easy two-fer! The lower falls are great for splashing around and cooling your feet after a long day of hiking. The upper falls are larger and more photogenic. Definitely navigate your way to the parking area by coming from Gainesville Hwy (Vogel State Park area). My GPS took me in from the other side (348) and that was a huge mistake! Poorly maintained dirt road that requires you to drive through a large creek. Wasn't sure my car was going to make it through the water and mud.

No warnings for the roads to get to the trail head. GPS took us the back way. Good thing we had a 4 wheel drive, we saw a minivan get stuck near a creek on the trail. The trail itself was perfect for me and my kids and the falls are beautiful. We saw a small snake, went for a dip... it was a fun adventure overall!

easily one of my fav waterfalls in this area..easy hike to two great falls.

Loved this hike, it was speldid. Double feature waterfall, the top fall is better (in my opinion) for swimming. I gave four stars because we didn't know that there are TWO enterances. We went through the back and had to cross TWO rivers in my little Kia Forte. Which, no surprise, we had to park and walk. It was a solid half mile, if not more, to the actual waterfall entrance. Other than that, no complaints. SUPER slick, so be cautious. A must see, we plan to go back.

Beautiful view of two waterfalls. Super easy. I’d hardly even call it a hike.

extremely easy falls to hike to but still worth the trip...

Very short little hike down to 2 beautiful waterfalls, the upper falls has a great little pool to swim in. It is cooler water so it’s perfect for summer but a great short walk any time of year to view the falls. Great for kids and older adults.

Easy short hike. The 1.5 mile dirt road to the trail head wasn’t too be but I could see this being a challenge on a rainy day. The waterfall and pool were awesome. Easy to get to and enjoy. Water was a little cold but you adjust on a warm day.

Very short little hike. the trail is very welll kept and the views are sensational

Very easy hike but one of the families favorites. My 3 yr old and 6 yr old have no trouble with this hike and love climbing the rocks and playing in the water. The swimming hole at the upper falls is a great place to cool off.

Fun hike up and down to the last waterfall (don't stop halfway). Beautiful fall and swimming hole. Great place to cool off and take photos. Brief climb down from viewing platform to get in the water.

Great if you just wanna cut right to it and see a gorgeous waterfall and enjoy a swim!

Helton Creek Falls has been a favorite of ours for over twenty years! We love the easy hike to a delightful and scenic swimming hole for an easy trip. We've taken kids and adults there, and it's always a hit.

Keep in mind there are no facilities of any sort. If you're swimming, be prepared to change in your car or put down a towel so you don't get your seats wet, unless you are confident you can find a secluded spot to change in the woods!

Amazing and great!

Nice walk and pretty Falls!

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Always a nice hike. Beautiful falls very easy to visit.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

When I seen the name I had to go .. My mothers maiden name was Helton and my hobby is ancestry so this was a must for me And so well worth it .

Sunday, January 21, 2018

This is a great trail and easier hike, however I don’t know why this app has it listed as moderate as this is the extremely easy trail.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Easy/short hike. Beautiful falls!!! If you keep driving on Helton Creek Rd toward Richard Russell, you will have to ford both Helton Creek and Hatchet Creek (so make sure your vehicle can make it).

Monday, January 08, 2018

My girlfriend, our dog Atlas, and I hiked this short trail, with ice everywhere and it was very enjoyable. The views were beautiful. I highly suggest seeing the Helton Creek Falls!