Helton Creek Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a short hiking trail that leads down to two large waterfalls and a swimming hole. The trail is at times steep but short. There are stairs in a few places. There a two waterfalls. The bottom fall is 0.25 miles from the parking lot and the top fall is another 0.2 miles. The one at the top is one of the most beautiful you will find in Georgia. The falls drop into an exotic blue, green lagoon. There is a wooden deck, but you can go around and get closer. Be careful though!

Enjoyed this quick visit.

Barely even a walk from the parking area, these falls are an easy two-fer! The lower falls are great for splashing around and cooling your feet after a long day of hiking. The upper falls are larger and more photogenic. Definitely navigate your way to the parking area by coming from Gainesville Hwy (Vogel State Park area). My GPS took me in from the other side (348) and that was a huge mistake! Poorly maintained dirt road that requires you to drive through a large creek. Wasn't sure my car was going to make it through the water and mud.

No warnings for the roads to get to the trail head. GPS took us the back way. Good thing we had a 4 wheel drive, we saw a minivan get stuck near a creek on the trail. The trail itself was perfect for me and my kids and the falls are beautiful. We saw a small snake, went for a dip... it was a fun adventure overall!

easily one of my fav waterfalls in this area..easy hike to two great falls.

Loved this hike, it was speldid. Double feature waterfall, the top fall is better (in my opinion) for swimming. I gave four stars because we didn't know that there are TWO enterances. We went through the back and had to cross TWO rivers in my little Kia Forte. Which, no surprise, we had to park and walk. It was a solid half mile, if not more, to the actual waterfall entrance. Other than that, no complaints. SUPER slick, so be cautious. A must see, we plan to go back.

Beautiful view of two waterfalls. Super easy. I’d hardly even call it a hike.

extremely easy falls to hike to but still worth the trip...

Very short little hike down to 2 beautiful waterfalls, the upper falls has a great little pool to swim in. It is cooler water so it’s perfect for summer but a great short walk any time of year to view the falls. Great for kids and older adults.

Easy short hike. The 1.5 mile dirt road to the trail head wasn’t too be but I could see this being a challenge on a rainy day. The waterfall and pool were awesome. Easy to get to and enjoy. Water was a little cold but you adjust on a warm day.

Very short little hike. the trail is very welll kept and the views are sensational

Very easy hike but one of the families favorites. My 3 yr old and 6 yr old have no trouble with this hike and love climbing the rocks and playing in the water. The swimming hole at the upper falls is a great place to cool off.

Fun hike up and down to the last waterfall (don't stop halfway). Beautiful fall and swimming hole. Great place to cool off and take photos. Brief climb down from viewing platform to get in the water.

Great if you just wanna cut right to it and see a gorgeous waterfall and enjoy a swim!

Helton Creek Falls has been a favorite of ours for over twenty years! We love the easy hike to a delightful and scenic swimming hole for an easy trip. We've taken kids and adults there, and it's always a hit.

Keep in mind there are no facilities of any sort. If you're swimming, be prepared to change in your car or put down a towel so you don't get your seats wet, unless you are confident you can find a secluded spot to change in the woods!

Amazing and great!

Nice walk and pretty Falls!

Always a nice hike. Beautiful falls very easy to visit.

When I seen the name I had to go .. My mothers maiden name was Helton and my hobby is ancestry so this was a must for me And so well worth it .

This is a great trail and easier hike, however I don’t know why this app has it listed as moderate as this is the extremely easy trail.

Easy/short hike. Beautiful falls!!! If you keep driving on Helton Creek Rd toward Richard Russell, you will have to ford both Helton Creek and Hatchet Creek (so make sure your vehicle can make it).

My girlfriend, our dog Atlas, and I hiked this short trail, with ice everywhere and it was very enjoyable. The views were beautiful. I highly suggest seeing the Helton Creek Falls!

Super easy trail with an excellent waterfall. Perfect for the kids

Quick walk from the car. If you drive in from 348, there are 2 creek crossings. If you drive in from 19, it's just dirt roads and no water to cross. Part of the railing on the platform is broken so everyone was climbing through and out all over the falls, kind of ruins the view for everyone else. It was crowded on a weekend afternoon.

says it's a moderate hike but it seemed pretty easy. short in and out there is plenty to see though.

Very nice waterfalls. We went in the back way and It was fun to drive through the water. We were in a Prius and made it just fine.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

This was my favorite hike of the 4 or 5 we went on while in helen. It is extremely short but there is so much to see! Very pretty hike! Will be going back!

Monday, November 13, 2017

Short but scenic. Some slippery roots and stairs but not challenging at all

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

A clear walk down carved steps brings you to the lower falls where you can swim and take a great photo. We walked up to the upper Falls viewing area and took a chilly dip up there as well. An easy hike, as long as you don’t mind a few stairs. We came in the back way so, we had to drive through the creek twice. It was awesome, but I wouldn’t recommend that entrance if you have a small car.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

We came in from GA 348 and had to cross water twice. No problem for us because we were in a 4WD truck but may cause a problem for a car. Short trek to the falls which were pretty. Worth the stop if nearby.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Easy and quick to get to both the lower and upper falls. Worth the short hike.