Helton Creek Falls Trail

Helton Creek Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a short hiking trail that leads down to two large waterfalls and a swimming hole. The trail is at times steep but short. There are stairs in a few places. There a two waterfalls. The bottom fall is 0.25 miles from the parking lot and the top fall is another 0.2 miles. The one at the top is one of the most beautiful you will find in Georgia. The falls drop into an exotic blue, green lagoon. There is a wooden deck, but you can go around and get closer. Be careful though!

Easy short hike. The 1.5 mile dirt road to the trail head wasn’t too be but I could see this being a challenge on a rainy day. The waterfall and pool were awesome. Easy to get to and enjoy. Water was a little cold but you adjust on a warm day.

Very short little hike. the trail is very welll kept and the views are sensational

Very easy hike but one of the families favorites. My 3 yr old and 6 yr old have no trouble with this hike and love climbing the rocks and playing in the water. The swimming hole at the upper falls is a great place to cool off.

Fun hike up and down to the last waterfall (don't stop halfway). Beautiful fall and swimming hole. Great place to cool off and take photos. Brief climb down from viewing platform to get in the water.

Great if you just wanna cut right to it and see a gorgeous waterfall and enjoy a swim!

Helton Creek Falls has been a favorite of ours for over twenty years! We love the easy hike to a delightful and scenic swimming hole for an easy trip. We've taken kids and adults there, and it's always a hit.

Keep in mind there are no facilities of any sort. If you're swimming, be prepared to change in your car or put down a towel so you don't get your seats wet, unless you are confident you can find a secluded spot to change in the woods!

Amazing and great!

Nice walk and pretty Falls!

Always a nice hike. Beautiful falls very easy to visit.

When I seen the name I had to go .. My mothers maiden name was Helton and my hobby is ancestry so this was a must for me And so well worth it .

This is a great trail and easier hike, however I don’t know why this app has it listed as moderate as this is the extremely easy trail.

Easy/short hike. Beautiful falls!!! If you keep driving on Helton Creek Rd toward Richard Russell, you will have to ford both Helton Creek and Hatchet Creek (so make sure your vehicle can make it).

My girlfriend, our dog Atlas, and I hiked this short trail, with ice everywhere and it was very enjoyable. The views were beautiful. I highly suggest seeing the Helton Creek Falls!

Super easy trail with an excellent waterfall. Perfect for the kids

Quick walk from the car. If you drive in from 348, there are 2 creek crossings. If you drive in from 19, it's just dirt roads and no water to cross. Part of the railing on the platform is broken so everyone was climbing through and out all over the falls, kind of ruins the view for everyone else. It was crowded on a weekend afternoon.

says it's a moderate hike but it seemed pretty easy. short in and out there is plenty to see though.

Very nice waterfalls. We went in the back way and It was fun to drive through the water. We were in a Prius and made it just fine.

This was my favorite hike of the 4 or 5 we went on while in helen. It is extremely short but there is so much to see! Very pretty hike! Will be going back!

Short but scenic. Some slippery roots and stairs but not challenging at all

A clear walk down carved steps brings you to the lower falls where you can swim and take a great photo. We walked up to the upper Falls viewing area and took a chilly dip up there as well. An easy hike, as long as you don’t mind a few stairs. We came in the back way so, we had to drive through the creek twice. It was awesome, but I wouldn’t recommend that entrance if you have a small car.

We came in from GA 348 and had to cross water twice. No problem for us because we were in a 4WD truck but may cause a problem for a car. Short trek to the falls which were pretty. Worth the stop if nearby.

Easy and quick to get to both the lower and upper falls. Worth the short hike.

We saw a bear running straight for the car then stopped. That was so cool

Beautiful creek and falls! I would LOVE to swim there! I disagree with the rating of 'moderate' though because I hiked it in flip flops :)

Beautiful fall but there was a giant, active bee hive under the steps by the lower falls. Maintenance performance lacked. We ended up getting attacked and stung pretty bad. Pretty little waterfall though.

gorgeous!!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Two sections with great falls and two pools at each. Gets crowded though

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Driving in watch for water in the road approaching the trail head from the Owltown side. 8-10 in deep..but solid gravel underfoot. The short hike in is well maintained. It's a little steep but the carved in steps and railings make it accessible to all ages. Be very careful if you step out on the rocks to the left of the trail at the head of the lower falls. It was extremely slippery and any misstep could lead to a horrific fall. There is a viewing platform by the Upper Falls which is easily by-passed to get at the cool waters and smooth boulders at the base of the waterfall. The water was refreshing, cold and loud. A very fun afternoon . Bring a towel. and keep an eye out for copperheads sunning on the rocks.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Beautiful falls. Nice and clean. Short walk, not really a hike, to falls. Our Labrador loved playing in the water.

Friday, April 21, 2017

This should not even really be called a trail. lol It's a parking lot off a very long dirt road, leading to a walkway to view the falls. Although the falls are gorgeous, It is overloaded with people traffic, to the point there is no really good place to get a look at the whole Falls. There is One spot, on one dry rock you probably could, but when I was there an older couple was there with their tripod set up to get their great shot and preventing others from getting theirs.