Haw Creek Park Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cumming, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Loop

Haw Creek Park, located off of Echols Road and spanning approximately 85 acres, includes an approximately 3.3-mile multi-use trail for both foot travel and mountain bikes. Pavilions and a multi-pod playground with a woodlands theme are also among the parks features.

Made an account to review this. If you want a peaceful walk, this is not the place. The majority of the people there were bikers. There are so many that you must constantly be aware of and dodge. My dog almost got ran over by a biker. They come out of nowhere going 30mph (I have no idea how fast bikes go - but ya, fast). There are sections that are so narrow, you simply cannot move out of the way. I don't know how this is considered safe. Just make it a bike trail. It's also incredibly rocky and uneven. Though there are sections that are not rocky. My little dog was likely uncomfortable. Oh, don't get me started on the signs. They are awful.

Awesome trail. I ride this trail once a week on my mountain bike. I do recommend a good mountain bike, not a cheap Walmart one... Also, Wouldn’t call this trail completely easy since I’m new to off roading / mountain biking. I don’t feel comfortable taking my 8 year old daughter there yet...maybe when she’s 10-12 years old? Overall, watch out for the roots and pedestrians. One of those could get you hurt specially since the trail has a few narrow paths.

Easy mountain bike trail, easy drops and climbs

Trail is marked for hikers and bikers, however there were a lot of bikers. As a hiker, we were constantly moving aside to wait for the bikers to pass. Would not walk this again.

Nice trail with enough switch backs to keep things interesting. Bike traffic routed opposite direction so you can see them coming though sometimes that happens quickly around a turn. Clean and well maintained.

bridge out
flooded

Hiked a bit of this trail yesterday and decided to come back today to do the entire trail. Ended up doing mostly the easy trail but picked up some added distance with some of the moderate. Lots more bikers today than yesterday but with the head-to-head trail instructions, me and my pups were able to clear the way. All were gracious of our effort. Muddy in low areas due to the very rainy weather lately but not too bad. Can’t wait to return in the spring to see everything turn green.

Fun time out after way too much rain!!!

Very nice trail. Nice that you face bikers to avoid any issues.

Mon May 27 2019

I often use this path for trail running. The bikers I've encountered are good at sharing the single track. Excellent, shaded, well-maintained trail. There are often deer around in the mornings. I usually measure 2.3-2.6 miles around on my GPS. Be sure to verify that you're following the correct traffic flow (sign posted at trail beginning), so you don't run into disgruntled mountain bikers.

Sat May 11 2019

Sun Apr 28 2019

Fri Apr 26 2019

Awesome trail for a 45 minutes to 1 hour recovery run. The trail is well shaded and has moderate and easy paths. Note that if you take the moderate path the total length of the trail is 2.6 miles per lap. The moderate trail is really hilly, but great for hill work. A bit rocky, be careful. Bikes go in opposite directions then runners and hikers, and this is enforced. This increases safety quite a bit. Very quiet and beautiful park. Rarely muddy.

Mon Apr 22 2019

beautiful scenery and lots of trails, but usually swamped with water.

Sat Mar 02 2019

Sun Jan 20 2019

Great little 3 mile loop. I never run into much traffic, but see lots of wildlife. Gets very muddy after rain.

Sun Nov 11 2018

Fun bike ride with the family today! We found the trails well marked. The pump tracks in the woods were fun and the obstacle course pump tack at the park just opened Oct. 27th. It was a beautiful day and the trail wasn’t too difficult to enjoy. The trail had a varied landscape with lots to see.

Sun Nov 26 2017

Fun 3 miles run

Fri Nov 03 2017

Nice MTB trail

Fri Sep 29 2017

Great trail to run on.

Thu Sep 07 2017

This trail is a winding path through a wooded area. Opposing trail directions for bikers and pedestrians on alternating days. Check kiosk for your correct direction. I went on a weekday in September. I encountered 3 trail runners and 1 biker. I also saw a doe. Not a good trail to share with bikes on crowded days. Also, note that construction crews were working along Haw Creek / Power line easement. Nice, clean restrooms.

Wed Jun 28 2017

Wed Jul 20 2016

Nice trail. I went there with my kiddos and they loved it.

Mon Jun 27 2016