Gold Branch Trail

Gold Branch Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 452 feet Route Type: Loop

Walking system of walking trails either along or near the Chattahoochee River.

Too many dogs off leashes

fee

fun trail, easy to moderate. good markings. was muddy but has rained the last 2 days. dog friendly. A bit of trash seen around the trail. very limited parking. Parking fee.

Amazing trail along mostly along the water. Well marked and maintained. Saw lots of cool wildlife. Great for trail running.

Nice and easy trail! Lots of leaves and one fallen tree in the way today but other than that, relaxing walk by the lake. Only a porta potty at the entrance.

Isolation walk. Trails were in great shape. Lots of fallen and crushed leaves.

Amazing day for a hike!

Great trail. Full trail is along the lake and beautiful! Dog loved the walk. Some of the trail has narrow path so a good moderate but not difficult.

The trail is a hit or miss for biking. I hiked about 50-70% of the parts along the water, but up in elevation and on the climbs it was a dream. Unless you’re a highly skilled rider, most of the sections that ran along the water are a no go. Way to rooty, I’m talking 2 and 3 foot stairs back to back uphill. I had so much fun though! I’m a beginner rider and there was plenty for me to do. My favorite parts were the climbs. I went clockwise, turning left at the first fork in the trail. I’ll definitely be back, just gonna stick to the higher elevation this time. When I got back to the trailhead I decided to take the climb up the trail to the right. It was tough, but well worth it on the way down, just make sure your brakes are dialed :)

Great trail with beautiful views of Bull Sluice.A bit technical, with lots of roots and rocks to navigate. I guarantee you’ll get a good workout!

I would not call this trail easy. I have run it many times and there are some fairly technical sections along Bull Sluice. Also very easy to get off on a wrong section that leaves you hanging off in space so to speak. Other parts are easy if you stay with the interior trails.

Great trail in the middle of East Cobb, a bit rocky, rooty, and muddy at some points but nothing that isn’t manageable. Stepped on a baby copperhead last time I was there so watch where you step.

A very nice hike with different terrain from wooded to water front. Easy to moderate depending on where you are on the trail. Lots of options to make it a shorter or longer hike. Some areas are rooty as other reviewers have mentioned but our little Pomeranian chihuahua with short legs was able to navigate it with minimal trouble. Beautiful spot and I would definitely recommend.

Good long walk saw copper head snake.. should be watchful while walking..

More moderate, I'd say. Trail is well marked but gnarly, eroded, and not for running. I was the first car to arrive yet there were already people on the trail, most with unleashed dogs. I adore dogs, but hate when they get lost, like the poor spaniel I later saw that was once chasing geese but sadly ended up frantically running the trails looking for it's owner. Saw beavers, bullfrogs, and future ivy league rowers on the hooch. Got a great leg workout on the some of the changes in elevation. Be prepared to climb over a felled tree or two.

Nice and shady. Much of the trail is eroded (lots of exposed roots and rocks) and difficult to navigate near the water especially. I had my dog, which made it a bit more challenging. The trail options offered are diverse and challenging.

Some parts of this trail are easy, but those that call it easy or not walking the entire perimeter. There are areas with very many roots and rocks. They're also areas that demand some nice elevation change. All in all this is a wonderful trail to be in the middle of Atlanta.

Nice trails for a hike but way too many rocks and roots for a run — and I’m normally fine with rocks and roots.

more moderate than easy. Saw coyote and bald eagles

A great place for a run.