Gold Branch Trail

Gold Branch Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marietta, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Walking system of walking trails either along or near the Chattahoochee River.

Did an orienteering course here. Snow on the ground and freezing temperatures. Much of orienteering is off-trail. While you can hike, walk, etc., this was an "orienteering" event, an activity you cannot select. Trying out AllTrails, SkiTrax seems better.

Fantastic views and moderate slopes. Great for a weekend afternoon.

This was a nice hike and a little bit more of a work out, which was good. About half the loop was on the water, I just wish I had gone the full loop. I went 3 miles this morning.

A nice, peaceful hike that I think is best enjoyed in the cooler months of the year. ( It was perfect this mid October morning) Very quiet with great views of the lake. A little narrow in some parts and there was a small section where you had to scramble over rocks.

Beautiful forest with lake views!

Best trail near our home, not too crowded during the week.

One of my favorite intown hikes.

Great trail. Landscape completely unexpected

Great in-town trail. I do 6 miles here on a weekly basis. Lots of elevation changes for a good interval workout. Never very crowed - but lock all valuable in trunk - cars get broken into on a too frequent basis.

Nothing special. Just some trails along the water and through high vegetation.

Solid day hiking trail, finished in a couple hours. Easy to moderate difficulty, good views of the river.

Would be nice to have a couple of benches and a portable toilet at the beginning. Tough great workout with my Fitbit.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Beautiful area along the river. Multiple loops make it easy to make it as long or short as you'd like. Good for kids (4 and 2) and lots of dogs.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Had a great hike today with my dog. The entire trail is about 3.5 miles around but there are numerous alternate routes. Some of the Trail is flat and wide but the majority is narrow, rocky, and winding. About 2/3 follows the water.

The Trail description says it is moderately trafficked but on my hike I was completely alone.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Multiple trail routes, some section are very nice.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Great trail with multiple route options. Have to pay to use but well maintained. Can be crowded on weekends.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Always love to scramble a bit on a hike - I find the technical concentration is a great way to exercise my brain along with my body. Not sure I'd call this a true "scramble", but you're definitely climbing over rocks and have to pay attention to your footwork. A fun trail that adds a little bit of a challenge without upping the difficulty too much.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

my weekly walk. . Very nice loop on the river.

Friday, July 01, 2016

I love this trail! Easy and beautiful. Nice River and lake views and lots of birds. Very serene.

Sunday, June 26, 2016