George W. Disney Trail is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rocky Face, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 728 feet Route Type: Out & Back

historic site

The current response to the COVID-19 emergency has closed several trails and recreation sites in Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests. Please see website for up to date info: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/conf/recreation This trail starts out easy bit quickly ascends. Once at the top there is an old civil war general grave site.

Great local trail for cardio and great views. Also dog friendly. Please leave no trace.

Steep hike up, but worth the views! Currently open.

Walked this with my husband and we LOVED it beautiful views and good exercise. We saw many children 4-9 years old so difficult but still do-able

Hard steep

Had a great time on this trail this afternoon. Great views.

So much plastic garbage on this trail! Why, people? Other reviews are accurate about the steep climb. It's a good test, and a great trail for exercise. Views, however, are kinda meh.

Great views!!! But as I got to the top I love the pulpit and the benches I’d love to have a group hike and have a devotional time on the the top but I was disappointed that I wasn’t able to find the grave marker or the burial itself??? Was it cleaned up or was it destroyed?

flooded

Tough little hike. Not much to see on a cloudy day

Views are awesome, up hill is a small challenge but nothing too difficult.

Great view from top . A great climb.

Great for a leg workout!!! 3rd time on this trail... Going to go back again.

First time. Love the climb and views.

This trail was NOT hard. There were only a couple of visable hash marks - but the trail path was very worn down. We would reccomend to take your hiking pole/ poles. **Turn into the entrance of "First Church of the Nazarene". Drive thru the parking lot towards the top of the hill. At the top will be "Tipton Family Life Center," park to the far left the trail head sign is there. We were expecting hard trail, down trees, etc from previous reviews. We were pleasantly surprised!

I am a nearby resident been on it twice with my wife and kids another time great over look at the top found it hard to go down then up really steep

I love this trail. It could use a little maintenance to help with the blow down and there’s a few trees that will absolutely fall soon. It would help if the trail had some blazes to keep people on the trail. There’s a concerning about of erosion probably from people cutting switchbacks. Its a great workout and perfect for a day hike with lots a beautiful overlooks.

This trail just keeps getting better. The leaves were very thick and a little wet. Watch your step on the decent.

Great trail for a nice workout. Beautiful rock formations at the top. Offers a little rock climbing and rapid elevation gain. I probably saw six or so other hikers along the trail. This will be my go to spot for day hikes and endurance training. Loved it!