Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail

Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winder, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

scenic driving

I liked this trail. I hiked the interloop yellow trail that curves around the lake. The trail is very easy with only a few climbs, and their were very nice views around the lake. I thought the trail was actually marked pretty well. I didn't need to pull my map out once. I would hike this again.

We enjoyed this beautiful place last weekend.

We followed the Yellow trail markings which is not exactly The Fort Yargo Lake Loop on AllTrails, but it's close; following the Yellow trail cuts off a small portion next to the lake. Our GPS said 6.2 miles. Easy trail, very well marked, not terribly crowded particularly on the opposite side of the lake. Very minor ups and downs. Pretty.

lost the trail twice, but mostly our easy distraction.

piece a cake trail. got a bit lost once I hit road area but I have to rate this trail as easy...

Easy hike around a shallow lake. No hills to speak of. At points the trail was difficult to follow, especially when the trail hit roads or the campground.

Did the whole loop, and it was nice hiking, well used trail and pretty views of the lake. But this was the worst marked trail I've ever hiked. I'm a good navigator and am a very experiences hiker and I got lost twice in the campgrounds because there aren't signs at proper intervals and the trail goes in a couple circles. Also, all the maps showed "you are here" in the wrong place.

There were also several intersections of trails that had no markings or labels whatsoever, so we had to guess. Every intersection should have a label!

nice easy trail. took my 2 little dogs and they loved it!

I just loved.

Great loop for hiking. Nice scenery. Trail could be marked better - easy to get off the inner loop (7 mile hiking trail) and onto the outer loop (15 miles - bike trail)

Great trail system at this park. Ran this loop in 1:35. Trail could use some better marking in some places as there are multiple spurs and easy to make a wrong turn. All furry pets on the trail were properly leashed. Trail is mostly in the shade along the bank of the lake with a handful of spots in direct sun.

Gps sends you to employee entrance. Stay on 29 through winder and turn on broad st. You'll see the sign. Typical ga state park fine. But trails hard to find and follow.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

excellent family trail.

Monday, November 07, 2016

I love this park and the loop trail is a nice easy hike

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Super fun for mountain biking! We're newbies and did the beginner trail. It was 7.5 miles of great training. There were some tricky parts (did I mention we're new?) and it was a blast. Just when we were ready to be done we reached the end. We'll definitely go back!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hiking, camping, geocaching, biking, and kayaking. Ft Yargo is the place to hang out. I enjoy mixing up my activities at Ft Yargo each visit. The trails are enjoyable any time of the year. I sometimes bring the kayak up to Yargo and just paddle to one side and take the trail around and paddle a bit more. Always see new life and things on each visit. It's a retreat only moment a from home

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Close to my home so it gets a boost in the ratings. Lots of stuff to do at this park so you could hike in the morning and fish or kayak in the afternoon.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Awesome trail, did the outer loop, loved the horse shoe and monster mile need I say anymore. Thumbs up and will be back.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

excellent trail with its faur share of challenges.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

The trails are very long and very fun. It pushed me to use my entire body to conquer this awesome park.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great! The trail was clean, scenery was good, and it was a good time.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Good

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Pretty standard loop-round-the-lake trail. Plenty of pretty stretches which are unfortunately broken up by several trips through the various state park campgrounds. Portions of the trail in these areas are often poorly marked. On the whole, it was fine.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Easy and nice trail

paddle sports
Friday, November 20, 2015

I love Ft Yargo for all the activities available. I kayak, hike, and occasionally camp there. Often a little overcrowded so I tend to not go during busy seasons

Friday, July 10, 2015

My pooch loves this trail as much as I do, but wood ticks are quite a regular occurrence, so be mindful to check your dog afterward. This is a easy trail with nice views, the trail is used by bikers also. It makes for a lovely run or long walk. I've used this trail year round.

Friday, May 15, 2015

beautiful and well kept, park ranger were very nice during our visit. some really nice drops.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Trail system is easy, the camping is alright for an overnight stay. It can get loud when it's full and the swimming area isn't very clean, fishing is full of carp...not much for the great outdoor, but fine for someone wanting to get out of the city for a day.

Friday, March 06, 2015

Great mostly flat trial running.