Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail

Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winder, Georgia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

scenic driving

great ride. enjoyed it.

Favorite trail at the park. Challenging, but nice shaded trails, cool views, and dog friendly. 10/10 would recommend to a friend!

i love coming here when its time to escape go for a walk with your family or sit by the water with a good book .. it is rather busy on weekends but over all its a great place

One of my favorite trails,not sure I would agree with the "easy" rating tho. Heartattack hill will get you. have seen hikers turn around 1/4 of the way up.

My husband and I hiked this trail today. We hiked it counter clockwise which, in my opinion, is slightly more difficult than the clockwise direction. We stayed on the path and the GPS said it was 6.4 miles.

Very easy, well maintained, and well marked (much better than last year). It's virtually flat the entire way and it is NOT 6.7 miles... My wife and I both tracked on GPS, and we were on the marked trail the entire time. It's between 5.6 and 5.8 miles. However, there is an outer loop intended for bikes that could be used to make this longer if desired. The signs say it's 12 miles but they are wrong about the inner loop too.

We averaged 19-20 minutes per mile walking all the way around the lake. There's nothing making this trail moderately difficult.

Update: looks like they fixed the description!

long and hard for me that's what she said

Very nice , mostly wooded with Great Lake views.

I think this is a super fun loop. It's like a rollercoaster crossed with Return of the Jedi, trees can be tight in some sections significant wildlife rideable up until 10 p.m. Bring bright lights. Monster Mile is a must it's a great technical side loop.

awesome bike trails

I liked this trail. I hiked the interloop yellow trail that curves around the lake. The trail is very easy with only a few climbs, and their were very nice views around the lake. I thought the trail was actually marked pretty well. I didn't need to pull my map out once. I would hike this again.

We enjoyed this beautiful place last weekend.

We followed the Yellow trail markings which is not exactly The Fort Yargo Lake Loop on AllTrails, but it's close; following the Yellow trail cuts off a small portion next to the lake. Our GPS said 6.2 miles. Easy trail, very well marked, not terribly crowded particularly on the opposite side of the lake. Very minor ups and downs. Pretty.

lost the trail twice, but mostly our easy distraction.

piece a cake trail. got a bit lost once I hit road area but I have to rate this trail as easy...

Easy hike around a shallow lake. No hills to speak of. At points the trail was difficult to follow, especially when the trail hit roads or the campground.

nice easy trail. took my 2 little dogs and they loved it!

I just loved.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Great loop for hiking. Nice scenery. Trail could be marked better - easy to get off the inner loop (7 mile hiking trail) and onto the outer loop (15 miles - bike trail)

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Great trail system at this park. Ran this loop in 1:35. Trail could use some better marking in some places as there are multiple spurs and easy to make a wrong turn. All furry pets on the trail were properly leashed. Trail is mostly in the shade along the bank of the lake with a handful of spots in direct sun.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Gps sends you to employee entrance. Stay on 29 through winder and turn on broad st. You'll see the sign. Typical ga state park fine. But trails hard to find and follow.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

excellent family trail.

Monday, November 07, 2016

I love this park and the loop trail is a nice easy hike

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Super fun for mountain biking! We're newbies and did the beginner trail. It was 7.5 miles of great training. There were some tricky parts (did I mention we're new?) and it was a blast. Just when we were ready to be done we reached the end. We'll definitely go back!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hiking, camping, geocaching, biking, and kayaking. Ft Yargo is the place to hang out. I enjoy mixing up my activities at Ft Yargo each visit. The trails are enjoyable any time of the year. I sometimes bring the kayak up to Yargo and just paddle to one side and take the trail around and paddle a bit more. Always see new life and things on each visit. It's a retreat only moment a from home

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Close to my home so it gets a boost in the ratings. Lots of stuff to do at this park so you could hike in the morning and fish or kayak in the afternoon.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Awesome trail, did the outer loop, loved the horse shoe and monster mile need I say anymore. Thumbs up and will be back.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

excellent trail with its faur share of challenges.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

The trails are very long and very fun. It pushed me to use my entire body to conquer this awesome park.