Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail

Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winder, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

scenic driving

Easy hike around a shallow lake. No hills to speak of. At points the trail was difficult to follow, especially when the trail hit roads or the campground.

Did the whole loop, and it was nice hiking, well used trail and pretty views of the lake. But this was the worst marked trail I've ever hiked. I'm a good navigator and am a very experiences hiker and I got lost twice in the campgrounds because there aren't signs at proper intervals and the trail goes in a couple circles. Also, all the maps showed "you are here" in the wrong place.

There were also several intersections of trails that had no markings or labels whatsoever, so we had to guess. Every intersection should have a label!

nice easy trail. took my 2 little dogs and they loved it!

I just loved.

Great loop for hiking. Nice scenery. Trail could be marked better - easy to get off the inner loop (7 mile hiking trail) and onto the outer loop (15 miles - bike trail)

Great trail system at this park. Ran this loop in 1:35. Trail could use some better marking in some places as there are multiple spurs and easy to make a wrong turn. All furry pets on the trail were properly leashed. Trail is mostly in the shade along the bank of the lake with a handful of spots in direct sun.

Gps sends you to employee entrance. Stay on 29 through winder and turn on broad st. You'll see the sign. Typical ga state park fine. But trails hard to find and follow.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

excellent family trail.

Monday, November 07, 2016

I love this park and the loop trail is a nice easy hike

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Super fun for mountain biking! We're newbies and did the beginner trail. It was 7.5 miles of great training. There were some tricky parts (did I mention we're new?) and it was a blast. Just when we were ready to be done we reached the end. We'll definitely go back!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hiking, camping, geocaching, biking, and kayaking. Ft Yargo is the place to hang out. I enjoy mixing up my activities at Ft Yargo each visit. The trails are enjoyable any time of the year. I sometimes bring the kayak up to Yargo and just paddle to one side and take the trail around and paddle a bit more. Always see new life and things on each visit. It's a retreat only moment a from home

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Close to my home so it gets a boost in the ratings. Lots of stuff to do at this park so you could hike in the morning and fish or kayak in the afternoon.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Awesome trail, did the outer loop, loved the horse shoe and monster mile need I say anymore. Thumbs up and will be back.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

excellent trail with its faur share of challenges.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

The trails are very long and very fun. It pushed me to use my entire body to conquer this awesome park.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great! The trail was clean, scenery was good, and it was a good time.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Good

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Pretty standard loop-round-the-lake trail. Plenty of pretty stretches which are unfortunately broken up by several trips through the various state park campgrounds. Portions of the trail in these areas are often poorly marked. On the whole, it was fine.

Monday, February 15, 2016