Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail

Fort Yargo Lake Loop Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winder, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

scenic driving

Great trail system at this park. Ran this loop in 1:35. Trail could use some better marking in some places as there are multiple spurs and easy to make a wrong turn. All furry pets on the trail were properly leashed. Trail is mostly in the shade along the bank of the lake with a handful of spots in direct sun.

Gps sends you to employee entrance. Stay on 29 through winder and turn on broad st. You'll see the sign. Typical ga state park fine. But trails hard to find and follow.

excellent family trail.

I love this park and the loop trail is a nice easy hike

Super fun for mountain biking! We're newbies and did the beginner trail. It was 7.5 miles of great training. There were some tricky parts (did I mention we're new?) and it was a blast. Just when we were ready to be done we reached the end. We'll definitely go back!

Hiking, camping, geocaching, biking, and kayaking. Ft Yargo is the place to hang out. I enjoy mixing up my activities at Ft Yargo each visit. The trails are enjoyable any time of the year. I sometimes bring the kayak up to Yargo and just paddle to one side and take the trail around and paddle a bit more. Always see new life and things on each visit. It's a retreat only moment a from home