Forest and Mile Rock Loop Trail

Forest and Mile Rock Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lithonia, Georgia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

easy trail but be careful in the summer. took my dog there. the rocks on the rock mile trail were so hot we ran from grass pile to grass pile. she loved the lake at the end tho!!

Mike rock is really cool, multiple solution pits make small ponds and natural photogenic areas.

It had rained a lot the week before so I thought that it would be a good idea to go somewhere with lots of granite so I'd not be walking in as much mud...which was absurd when you think about the fact that granite isn't permeable so there were a whole lot of giant puddles and muddy spots. Still, it was a really nice afternoon out. I went here and did these trails and then walked over to the mountain view trail. I could take or leave the mountain view trail, but these two trails were really nice. The Forest Trail had a lot of precariously balanced dead trees that were fun to look at and there were areas where it skirted bald-granite areas and old quarry sites that looked like I was skirting some disaster area.

There's a short (about .1 miles) detour on the Forest Trail to the grave of someone named Mary Wade that had some really cool granite outcroppings, though the grave itself is nearly in someone's backyard and, it being winter, the foliage was thinned out enough that it felt a little awkward going to it. And the grave itself wasn't that interesting.

The Mile Rock Trail is really cool: it's not much unlike going up Arabia Mountain or Stone Mountain except that it's flat, there are a ton of frogs, and a lot of ruins. It reminded me of a set from the original Doctor Who series. I generally favor more challenging trails and was surprised at how much I enjoyed these two. I'll definitely go back when I want to stay close to the city or don't have the energy for something more strenuous.

Easy and fun. The area is cool and it’s fun to explore. We came out late Sunday afternoon with our beagle and it was a perfect way to end the week. Not much required besides decent shoes and some water. Will definitely do again.

One of my favorites

Blazes on yellow are a tad sparse, but overall an easy trail and a great dog walk.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Great hike on a gorgeous Saturday morning. Don't miss your chance to visit Arabia Mountain.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Gorgeous for beginners like me. Fairly easy to navigate. Some obstacles along the way. (That makes it fun). I love this trail. Taking the rock trail up is hard on your feet. Make sure your shoes are prepared. Other than that it's beautiful!!!

recorded Arabia mtn