Flat Creek Loop

Flat Creek Loop is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blue Ridge, Georgia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Overall, this is a well kept trail. The sound of the creek and multiple, small waterfalls are very peaceful. A few inclines, but a good trek for you and your dog!

We didn’t complete this trail- we made it about halfway with our kids. Still great and would love to come back and hike the entire thing. Kids were worn out about a mile in. Steady incline.

Nice trail, well maintained. Either way you loop is nice. A trail for a stroll, not very difficult.

Great time of year to see the forest. We took the loop to the right at the fork and would recommend it this way. There is a nice lunch spot when you cross Flatt creek.

This is the perfect time of year to enjoy this hike. You can see through the forest of naked trees and soak in the true contour of the mountain ravines, ridges and rises. We took the lollipop loop to the right and would recommend that direction. There are quite a few creek and stream crossings that make lovely spots for lunch or just to sit, reflect and inhale. After the hike we kept driving down towards the Toccoa River and enjoyed a refreshing brew and apps at Toccoa Riverside. A day well lived.

A nice morning hike for the first day of spring!!! A couple other hikers are out this morning as well. Squirrels and chipmunks are all along the trail. In and out by noon. Great trail for a quick day hike!!

Nice trail. Well marked. Beautiful stream that meanders along portions of the trail.

it was a nice trail but was sore afterwords it was my first five or 6 mile walking trail I’ve been on so you can tell I’m not in shape lol

Dog friendly hike as long as you arrive early in the morning. Anything after 11 AM you’re going to start running into other folks arriving on the trail. I recommend going counterclockwise -that way you end up with water at the end of the trail. This only matters if you have dogs and wish them to have the ability to to cool down.
There is enough of an incline so that you’ll feel like you got a work out. 3rd or 4th time I have hiked and generally has quite a bit of solitude.

Nice trail. I went during the rain this weekend and covered 2 loops. I ran clockwise and counter clockwise. The trail did not disappoint. I sprained my ankle a bit on a rock but was able to finish the run. I was able to kind of ice it in the flat creek creek by the bridge. I will be out of commission for a few days but I should be fine. The trail was very runnable even in the rain. Expect a lot of standing water if you do it in the rain.

This is a great walk. Decent views in the winter that would not be visible with leaves on the trees. Had a great time!

Great trail for a nice winter hike.

Beautiful trail. However, I disagree with earlier suggestion that taking the right trail might be slightly easier. My husband and I both agreed that taking the counterclockwise (right) route resulted in a much steeper gradient at the end of the hike regardless, great hike and our pup loved it , too.

Very well kept trails! Perfect for a nice afternoon hike! Very dog friendly!

Great trail for a fall hike. Moderate inclines, streams, very scenic. A few bikers, take the right fork for a slightly easier trek.

Great trail. Good moderate hike, a few inclines. Pretty, serene hike with our two pups!

A nice easy six mile hike with a water element. My dog and I liked it!

Nice day hike trail and, for all you Geocachers out there, might wanna check out this area as well as some other nearby places up Aska Rd. Iced hiked this lollipop loop many times and pass by here every time I'm at work. Happy hiking!!!

encountered mama bear and 3 cubs

Excellent trail for a run. Well marked and well maintained. Saw a number of deer along the trail.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Pretty good trail but it is not "easy" as labeled here in AllTrails. I would definitely label is at moderate due to the incline (depending on which way you do the loop) and length.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Just a lovely walk through the woods with some occasional creeks and streams. Not especially scenic and we didn't see many wildflowers despite the time of year, but a good 5.7 mile hike with some hills to get that heart rate up.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Monday, November 07, 2016

I hiked this during the beginning of November and the leaves were beautiful. It was an easy hike as advertised but there was a modest incline toward the end of the loop that got the heart rate up a bit. My Dad and I clocked 6.45 miles in 2 hours and 52 minutes.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

This is a good trail except it's not 10 miles. It's actually 6.6 miles. This time of year was very beautiful with several gorgeous views of the forest floor with colorful leaves. Some parts of the trail were rocky but still not too difficult.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Easy trail. No view. Would potentially mtn bike but not hike again.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Great hike - especially if you haven't been in a while. Not overly crowded which is nice. Saw a bear in the home stretch so that really got the adrenaline going! Will definately be back another day.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Overall well kept trail. The sound of the creek and multiple, small waterfalls was very peaceful. A few inclines, but a good trek for us and our dog!

Monday, April 11, 2016

Only 5.8 miles on flat creek loop but there are other trails other than the loop you can do to extend mileage. Little over 1,000 elevation climb on Flat Creek Loop. Mostly smoothed trail with some rocks. No vista views but pretty creeks.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

It was beautiful on this trail. We had our share of uphill but it was so worth it. When we got to fall creek and the little bridge so pretty. Worth the hike

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Great streams and serenity!