Flat Creek Loop

Flat Creek Loop is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blue Ridge, Georgia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Overall, this is a well kept trail. The sound of the creek and multiple, small waterfalls are very peaceful. A few inclines, but a good trek for you and your dog!

Beautiful trail. However, I disagree with earlier suggestion that taking the right trail might be slightly easier. My husband and I both agreed that taking the counterclockwise (right) route resulted in a much steeper gradient at the end of the hike regardless, great hike and our pup loved it , too.

Very well kept trails! Perfect for a nice afternoon hike! Very dog friendly!

Great trail for a fall hike. Moderate inclines, streams, very scenic. A few bikers, take the right fork for a slightly easier trek.

Great trail. Good moderate hike, a few inclines. Pretty, serene hike with our two pups!

A nice easy six mile hike with a water element. My dog and I liked it!

Nice day hike trail and, for all you Geocachers out there, might wanna check out this area as well as some other nearby places up Aska Rd. Iced hiked this lollipop loop many times and pass by here every time I'm at work. Happy hiking!!!

encountered mama bear and 3 cubs

Excellent trail for a run. Well marked and well maintained. Saw a number of deer along the trail.

Pretty good trail but it is not "easy" as labeled here in AllTrails. I would definitely label is at moderate due to the incline (depending on which way you do the loop) and length.

Just a lovely walk through the woods with some occasional creeks and streams. Not especially scenic and we didn't see many wildflowers despite the time of year, but a good 5.7 mile hike with some hills to get that heart rate up.

Monday, November 07, 2016

I hiked this during the beginning of November and the leaves were beautiful. It was an easy hike as advertised but there was a modest incline toward the end of the loop that got the heart rate up a bit. My Dad and I clocked 6.45 miles in 2 hours and 52 minutes.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

This is a good trail except it's not 10 miles. It's actually 6.6 miles. This time of year was very beautiful with several gorgeous views of the forest floor with colorful leaves. Some parts of the trail were rocky but still not too difficult.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Easy trail. No view. Would potentially mtn bike but not hike again.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Great hike - especially if you haven't been in a while. Not overly crowded which is nice. Saw a bear in the home stretch so that really got the adrenaline going! Will definately be back another day.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Overall well kept trail. The sound of the creek and multiple, small waterfalls was very peaceful. A few inclines, but a good trek for us and our dog!

Monday, April 11, 2016

Only 5.8 miles on flat creek loop but there are other trails other than the loop you can do to extend mileage. Little over 1,000 elevation climb on Flat Creek Loop. Mostly smoothed trail with some rocks. No vista views but pretty creeks.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

It was beautiful on this trail. We had our share of uphill but it was so worth it. When we got to fall creek and the little bridge so pretty. Worth the hike

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Great streams and serenity!

Thursday, January 07, 2016

This was a decent trail but during the winter when all the leaves are off it just becomes a long hike of dead looking trees. The mountains in the distance and the running water throughout the hike was the best part.