Emery Creek Trail to Bald Mountain

Emery Creek Trail to Bald Mountain is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Crandall, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Chatsworth: Take US Hwy. 411 north from Chatsworth and go 3 miles to Eton. Turn right at the only stoplight in town and follow this road , which becomes Forest Service Road 18, for 7.5 miles to the trailhead parking area.

28 minutes ago

This is an old favorite! Plan to wear shoes you don't mind getting wet as there are a lot of stream crossings! All in all the trail is pretty easy and well marked (bright green blazes). The lower falls has a lagoon where you can swim and cool off during the scorching Georgia summer. The upper pools are nice too, just be careful as the rocks can be quite slippery. You'll hike through hardwood and pine forests, it's a wonderful hike!

I only went one mile in but I plan to return to explore further! I had my 11 year old son with me and after all of the river crossing he was pretty tired. We had such a fun time though exploring.

Beautiful trail, creeks, waterfalls and wild flowers. Yesterday we hiked to the upper falls and then retraced our path for about a 6-7 mile hike. The creek crossings were fun and really added to the hike. I'm pretty sore today and think it's from all the balancing and different muscles I used crossing the creeks! The swimming areas closer to parking did have some trash, so bring a bag of you want to do some trail clean up. We were confused a few times on the trail, but there were more blazes than I expected. I think some people turn around at the lower falls, but the upper falls are nice, too. Keen sandles and a pair of clothes to change into helped make this an incredible day!

Great hike. Nice views. Difficulty contingent on water lever since the trail crosses the creek a number of times. Plenty of camping spots. Limited parking

Great hike and beautiful scenery. Water levels were low, so the waterfall wasn't as full as it normally is. But definitely will go back. We did see evidence of black bears this time though.

I do this hike all the time with my dog. We just hike to the falls and come back to the lower entrance on old CCC camp road. It is hands down my favorite Georgia hike and i recommend it to all my friends. FYI the higher the water level is, the more difficult the hike. With the drought it is a piece of cake though. The downside is with the water down the falls are small. I do not recommend it with the water high and right after lots of rain; it could be dangerous.

Took some good friends out on a nice afternoon. We went off-the-beaten-path and hiked a few miles up through the creek bed. Probably one of the funniest hikes I've been on.

We just backpacked this trail a few days ago and I thought is was a pretty good trail. The only thing I regret is that we didn't go when the water level was higher. All of the creek crossings were easy and without any soakers. In most of the reviews people talk about how the trail was hard to follow. We only had one place that the trail map was wrong and that was at the upper emery creek trail junction. If you follow the branches that someone has placed on the ground then you will be fine. I really liked the area near the top. The trail transformed from an old logging road into a different world.

rock climbing

I didn't do the trail, I used the rocks in the creek and climbed them for a couple of hours. I look forward to going back and hiking the trail! It's beautiful.

Beautiful trail and the creek crossings are fun. We went in May so the water was still really chilly. Going uphill, we never saw anyone else after the falls so it was very peaceful. The only downside is the trail isn't very clearly marked, esp when it goes through some brushy parts. definitely bring a map and some trekking poles!

This is one of my favorites because of all of the falls. Although, it is confusing and the trail is not clearly marked. You can easily get lost. The falls are gorgeous but difficult to get to -- you have to go down steep embankments but you can swim in them. Also, this map and the creek crossings don't match up with the map at the trailhead. Bring a gps!