Emery Creek Trail to Bald Mountain

Emery Creek Trail to Bald Mountain is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Crandall, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Chatsworth: Take US Hwy. 411 north from Chatsworth and go 3 miles to Eton. Turn right at the only stoplight in town and follow this road , which becomes Forest Service Road 18, for 7.5 miles to the trailhead parking area.

This trail is great! Very low traffic on the trail itself. Be prepared for 10 river crossings just to the falls themselves (about 2.5 miles in). We're not talking little streams you can skip across on dry rocks; I mean, mid-calf level waters that require a hiking sandal perhaps. There were also several campsites along the stretch that I'll happily return to in the future. The start of the trail has a bit of a boulder scramble to get up, but that's the toughest part. The trail itself is pretty flat. Would rate moderate. Blazes are neon green, and if in doubt, look for them across the river as that's likely where you need to go. The falls were a nice place to dry off and eat lunch before returning to the trailhead.

Trail was amazing , beautiful scenery with gorgeous creek and ultimately the waterfalls. Following the neon green blazes is a bit sketchy as some of the river crossings. Hard to spot a green blaze amongst all the greenery /trees . Lots of water flowing due to the rain so made for a beautiful waterfall! Highly recommend if you don't mind your feet wet - it is awesome

hiked this june 2017. great hike about 7 river crossings up to the falls.

Had an amazing time hiking and camping on this trail. Don't plan to wear any shoes you don't mind getting wet and walking around in. There are frequent creek crossings (about 20 if you go the full distance) that range from knee deep to waist deep. About half way through the trail, there is a turn-off for the largest of the waterfalls which was a fun pit-stop. We camped off of the trail near the creek on the north end of the trail and hiked back in the morning.

Hiked early June and did not realize how deep the river crossings were. Depending how far you go, there are 10-20 crossings and most are st least knee deep. I mistakenly wore my all leather Timberlands and sloshed for 4 hours! But beautiful trail with most being next to the river with lovely sounds all afternoon. Most hikers wore hiking sandals or hiking "sneakers" and did just fine.

This is an old favorite! Plan to wear shoes you don't mind getting wet as there are a lot of stream crossings! All in all the trail is pretty easy and well marked (bright green blazes). The lower falls has a lagoon where you can swim and cool off during the scorching Georgia summer. The upper pools are nice too, just be careful as the rocks can be quite slippery. You'll hike through hardwood and pine forests, it's a wonderful hike!

I only went one mile in but I plan to return to explore further! I had my 11 year old son with me and after all of the river crossing he was pretty tired. We had such a fun time though exploring.

Beautiful trail, creeks, waterfalls and wild flowers. Yesterday we hiked to the upper falls and then retraced our path for about a 6-7 mile hike. The creek crossings were fun and really added to the hike. I'm pretty sore today and think it's from all the balancing and different muscles I used crossing the creeks! The swimming areas closer to parking did have some trash, so bring a bag of you want to do some trail clean up. We were confused a few times on the trail, but there were more blazes than I expected. I think some people turn around at the lower falls, but the upper falls are nice, too. Keen sandles and a pair of clothes to change into helped make this an incredible day!

Great hike. Nice views. Difficulty contingent on water lever since the trail crosses the creek a number of times. Plenty of camping spots. Limited parking

Great hike and beautiful scenery. Water levels were low, so the waterfall wasn't as full as it normally is. But definitely will go back. We did see evidence of black bears this time though.