Emery Creek Falls is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hasslers Mill, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful, just beautiful

Hiked September 28th. Recent rainfall has really increased water flow esp in first two creek crossings... I don’t think it’s suitable for kids or dogs. For the first crossing, which is about 0.5 miles in, my friend and I climbed on rocks of bank to go upstream for a bit prior to Crossing (to find a somewhat slower part of river to cross ). Water flow very heavy and rapid .. up to our waist on first crossing and I’m 5,7. Met two hikers turning around (after crossing second creek) Bc they were not comfortable w trip. .. As for other crossings , they weren’t as deep /fast but hiking sticks, good water shoes and just thinking about footwork all helped. You will be wet. Did see one copperhead snake but it was far off trail... just always be on look out and don’t go alone. By the way - this is more of a 7.5 mile round trip hike and def for the adventure seeker !! Yes trees and large branches are obstructing path in some places from recent storms and occasionally path is ambiguous but always go for most obvious answer . The end fall is very rewarding ... I am messy, tired and dirty but an unforgettable and challenging hike

Hiked yesterday September 22. The first marker was hard to spot. We ended up hiking the wrong creek for about a mile, before we back tracked, we did find the trail. Other than that the falls were beautiful. It would make a great weekend backpacking trip too

Fun creek crossings, great waterfalls!

Great waterfall. Perfect for hot parts of the year because you’re going to get wet. 11 creek crossings in and the same amount back out.

The first crossing was a bit of a challenge due to the recent rainfall. The rest where pretty easy comparatively. There are a few spots where the trail requires some guesswork. It seems pretty well traveled and makes for a fun adventure for any experience level. Chacos or Keens are a must for the this slippery trail. There are swimming holes on the way to the trail and at the end once you reach the falls. Make sure to bring something dry for the ride home. Enjoy!

Great hike with the family today! The first crossing is pretty intimidating, but after that it's all fairly easy. We didn't bother trying to keep our feet dry. It would have been a waste of effort anyway. The numerous crossings made for a fun adventure with the kids and the falls are beautiful!

This is a unique trail. There are 12 creek crossings on the way to the falls, then you have to backtrack all of them. The only sketchy part is the area leading up to the first creek crossing and the crossing itself. Other than that it's fairly easy. If your up for an adventure, this trail will give it to you. The falls at the end are large and well worth the trip. Bring trekking poles or at least a walking stick.

Emery Creek trail/falls is my favorite hike so far. The hike was pretty easy and well worth it to see the falls. They were stunningly beautiful. The pools at the base of the falls are a great place to cool off. Really enjoyed eveything about this trail. Also crossing through the creek is great for cooling you off during your hike. ♡♡

Absolutely gorgeous! The trails aren’t the clearest marked trails, but you can get by if you actively look for the blazes. The beginning is the most confusing.

Note: You will NOT have dry feet/ankles/calves on this hike. There are 20+ creek crossings (round trip.) Unless you have weak ankles, I would suggest wearing something other than hiking boots. There are a few technical sections, but I did fine in my Merrell Vibrum Vapor Glove Shoes. I took my 5 year old with me and he had a blast. I would suggest taking a life jacket for the little ones to enjoy the pools at the foot of the falls. One of my favorite hikes.

Get ready to get wet! This hike has plenty of creek crossings so make sure you come prepared. The falls are absolutely gorgeous and the trailhead was pretty easy to find. Best part was definitely the fact that there was such little traffic on the trail. You should totally check out Emery Creek!

Great hike! The river crossings are fun on a hot summer day and our dogs loved it. There is swimming at the base of both falls. Things to note...at the start of the trail there are two paths, one leading down to the river and one leading up. The one leading up is the main trail. Also after reading the other reviews we expected the first crossing to be difficult. We did a somewhat challenging first crossing where we waded across the river but it turns out we just crossed too early and there was an easy crossing further down. Basically if you think it looks like a hard crossing keep walking and look for the green blazes!

Went today with my husband nice trail the first section creek crossing was the hardest .

Absolutely gorgeous! Easy trail, except from the parking lot to first creek crossing has some rough footing. 10 creek crossings to reach the falls, and 10 going back, of course! Some spots in the creek were ankle deep. Some were over my knees. Spectacular falls at the end. Be sure to continue the climb up above the first big fall, as there's another waterfall up above, and a perfect spot to rest. It felt 10 degrees cooler up there. Several pools of water to swim in also. Passed a handful of camp sites along the way. I definitely will hike this again, but not after a heavy rain. Could be treacherous. Also not in the winter!

Great hike! a bit tricky at the first creek crossing, but other than that it's an excellent trail. you're definitely gonna get soaked.

Great trail with some of the best waterfalls and Creek views in North GA. Wet hike with 10 creek crossing so prepare to get wet from the waist down. Can be difficult to find the trails when you cross the river so look for the green blazes. “When in doubt, look across the river.” Waterfall at the end is worth the effort to get there.

Had to cross the creek so many times. There are snakes but absolutely beautiful waterfalls and swimming areas the water is cold which is nice when you are hot!

Beautiful!!!

Fun hike with lots of Creek time due to all the crossings. Well marked trail as you cross the creek.

An awesome trail to day hike. After a good rain the creek crossings are fairly difficult so prepare to get pretty wet. There’s around 10 crossings before you reach the waterfall. Each crossing is marked with bright neon green markers nailed to the trees across the creek. Overall, super fun hike, climbing over fallen trees and wading through the creek just make a simple hike all that much better in my opinion. There’s also certain places to camp, there’s a camping spot right below the falls! and fishing is allowed on the two connecting creeks.

One of my favorites.

Love this trail. Be prepared to get wet

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Great trail! The creek crossings were a lot of fun, and the falls are beautiful. Wonderful out and back trail.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Amazing. Perfect for our Siberian Husky. Prepare to get your feet wet, but so worth it!!!

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I can't believe I'm only the 2nd person to rate this trail on this app. It was an incredible hike! First, let me say make sure you wear chacos bc you have 11-12 creek crossings. If your dog is afraid of water then this isn't the hike for them. The trails are well marked and are excellent. Lots of shade and too many swimming holes to count. A definite must go!

Monday, August 07, 2017

This is a fun trail to do on a warm day. The trail is moderate with a gradual increase in elevation and with 10 stream crossings on the way up to the falls. The crossings can be tricky if your goal is to keep everything dry. The crossings are marked with bright green blazes, some may take a moment to spot. The falls are pretty and worth the hike. Went early August of 2017. The streams were flowing well, but I could tell that they were not at the maximum levels. After a good rain, the crossings could be quite difficult. I'd recommend being prepared to take a swim just for the fun of it.