Dick's Creek Falls Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mountain City, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 154 feet Route Type: Out & Back

To get there the road is dirt and full of no trespassing signs. Keep going and you come to a creek. You must go thru the creek to get to the Trailhead. It is about 4-7 inches deep. It isn't recommended in a car unless you have high clearance or 4wd. There is very few spots to park on the side of the road and you can already hear the waterfall.

This trail is awesome. Here’s how we got there: Go all the way down to the dirt/rocky road until you cross a creek (not very deep, just make sure you’re in an AWD/4WD SUV or truck....I wouldn’t recommend it for cars, but did see one car make it to the end) Once you cross the creek, roughly 1/4 mile from that you’ll see an area to the left (and a small one to the right) where to park. You’ll have to squeeze in depending on how many vehicles are there, or just park alongside the road the best you can. Get out and walk about 10 yards down the road from the parking spaces, and on your right you’ll see a trailhead for Bartram Trail. Don’t take that trail...look left to your 7 or 8:00 and there’s a trailhead that is only labeled hiking trail. That’s the one! Along the trail there will be yellow tree markers Hike in until you get to the footbridge. As soon as you cross the 1st footbridge, take an immediate right and hike to the next bridge (about 10 yards). You’ll see a green trail marker. Go across that footbridge, follow the creek all the way to the top of the waterfall. There’s a spot where you can walk out onto the top of the waterfall and just take it all in. If you want to hike down further to the base of it, you definitely can via the same trail you used to access the first overlook. I’m almost positive we didn’t take the “right” trail (or maybe we did, who knows) All I know is, it’s spectacular! We didn’t want to leave.

We should have read all the reviews before starting the hike because we completely missed the falls and ended up walking 4 + miles before turning around because it was getting dark. From what I read, the trail starts out yellow and after the first foot bridge, it crosses a trail marked green which you follow to the right to see the falls (which is what we were there for) but like I said, we didn’t read the reviews and followed the yellow trail all the way down to the river and along side for a while. I don’t know where that trail ends because we turned around due to lack of light. If following the yellow marked trail, beware that it crosses several other trails a long the way. I don’t know where any of them go. The trail we walked was really long and pretty though. When we reached the river at the bottom of an up and down trail, it was really pretty and looked like it had many places to swim and camp (there were tent camper there). Really beautiful and we plan to come back during the summer and do both!

great little trail!! super beautiful falls at the end of the trail and a great little swimming area!!.

Actually walked up the road from where I parked and caught the Bartram Trail over to Dicks Creek Trail, made a cool little loop instead of out and back. Amazing views at the top of the falls, I could’ve sat all day and watched the water flow.

Dicks Creek was awesome. Short, easy hike out and back. There are no trespassing signs, as the very beginning of the hike is on private property. I was told to just be mindful! I parked to the left, just before having to drive across the water. Part of the way out, there is an area where you can sit on rocks and listen to the water pass by. I continued on and got to the sandy beach area. They’re were guys with a tent set up. I chatted with them and turned around and came home. I will definitely go back.

Wed Jan 16 2019

My son is named after this place ... will always be my serenity ...

Thu Dec 27 2018

First by saying this view/fall is amazing and so peaceful. I was there Christmas Day and came in from Sandy Ford Rd. To get there the road is dirt and full of no trespassing signs. Keep going and you come to a creek. You must go thru the creek to get to the Trailhead. It is about 4-7 inches deep (would not recommend in a car), but I did get thru with no problems in my Dodge Journey. There is very few spots to park on the side of the road and you can already hear the waterfall. The hike itself is very easy. There was a spot to camp beside a creek if ever interested. You will cross 1 footbridge and then the trail markers turn green and cross another. Just a little further you are there. Part way down you can get out on a rock for such an amazing view of it all. I went in the morning and saw the sun rising and glistening over the water. Just breathtaking. I would probably do this one again, a few times

Tue Dec 25 2018

Seems this area is not accessible to the public anymore. Lots of recent road widening before you get within .25 mile of parking and the road ford area which may explain why this area is now heavily posted with Private Property No Tresspassing signs on all sides of the road and even forbidding the crossing of the road Ford.:( seems this should be posted on the brown informational sign pointing to the falls if this is forbidden.

Thu Nov 22 2018

Went there on thanksgiving, posted no trespassing signs every where, so we left

ohv/off road driving
Thu Aug 23 2018

not a walking trail at all you. you drive

Sat Jun 02 2018