Col. Robert Sink Memorial Trail

Col. Robert Sink Memorial Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Toccoa, Georgia that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

2.7 miles 839 feet Point to Point

off road driving

Notably used by the 506th PIR (as well as other units) for training prior to action in World War Two, Currahee (meaning "stand alone" in Cherokee) was used as both for conditioning runs, as well as the regiment's motto of, "we stand alone." 3 miles up, 3 miles down!

great hike....nice wide road...steep sections that are very strenuous...nice panoramic view at the top...only downside is the graffiti all over the rocks :(

Very easy trial to walk, the view is breath taking. For sure going back soon!

Given that you're running in the footsteps of paratroopers from WWII, this trail is one of best I've done. We ran/walked this (mostly ran) and had a blast. How this got rated as "Easy" is scary. The last 1/4 mile is completely uphill.

Ok, if you run this... It is not easy. Steep inclines and steep declines. However, my dad and I are WW2 buffs, and have developed a following for the 506th Paratroopers (Band of Brothers). We've run this twice, and if you are not in peak physical condition, running this is hard. The view is totally worth it. That being said, walking or driving doesn't count

nice views if you like graffiti covered mountain summits with radio towers.

Hiked up the road this morning. Started out good, but does get steep at the end. Straight up. The view was GREAT! I would just drive up in the future and park. Has huge rock so take spray paint.

Awesome!

mostly granite rocks on this trail. 3 up, 3 down! cool piece of history and some good views at the top

Hiked this with my 2 teenagers and my brother. Beautiful day. Much more interesting to go up the back side though and then come down the marked trail which is really a road. The back side is not marked quite as well but there is a definite trail and more interesting. Stopped for a sac lunch at the top and enjoyed the scenery. The distance was a little shorter since we came up the back side which is much steeper.

The view from the top is well worth the hike on the dirt road. I haven't tried the trail on the other side, but hear it is a good hike. The road seems a bit boring to me (I like trails through the woods better), although you do get a good workout and the last 1/2 mile is straight up to the top.