Cochran Mill Trail

Cochran Mill Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Palmetto, Georgia and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Quiet park in South Fulton offers waterfalls, rock formations, and plenty of nature. Cochran Mill park is located in Fulton County, near Palmetto, GA. There are several miles of trails, with several side trails or branches. The main trail is the "H" trail. It begins in the large field at the bottom of the hill, and runs along the creek to the end of the park boundary. There are a couple of water crossings and a few steep hillsides. Watch for the signs with the letter "H" and in general follow the creek. Several side trails offer deviations from the main route.

Been walking this trail since I was a kid. The back end of the trail really needs some clean up from downed trees. But I would recommend this to anyone. It’s worth the 5$ parking :)

beautiful hike! map was a little confusing especially the yellow Trail but it was all good.

Muddy. Good shorty/mid workout.

Great trail for hiking.

Walked the orange trail with my daughters. Had a good time, nice trails beautiful waterfalls.

EASY trail thru the woods. Very well marked. A lot of mountain bikers.

Hiked the red trail today that came in a little over 6 miles including all the loops. The falls were very pretty and the paths were great. Lots of bikers on this trail. Would definitely go back.

Pretty cool trail run park, I followed the yellow trail and ran about 12k. Paid $5 bucks to park. I would definitely come back.

It’s beautiful here and peaceful. There’s a waterfall and a nice trail.

Maps and trail markings are unclear.

Took the yellow trail. Easy hike. Not much to see. Great for Mtn. Bikers. Map doesn't match trails.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Orange and green trail were very rocky and rooty in quite a few spots. Lots of downed trees and obstacles since all the unsettled weather as of late. Yellow rail was much faster and less obstructed. Didn't have time to do the whole yellow or any of the red. Will definitely go back!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Beautiful! A little bit of everything. Kids loved climbing around the rocks and waterfall.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Pretty easy hiking, the falls at the end of the yellow trial are a good spot to take a break and eat a lunch. The map that the park has in there is not up to date and there are a lot of improvised trials. Watch out for the snakes at the falls too.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

I liked this trail. It was quiet and the waterfall was nice. I've found some difficulties to see where to cross the river to continue on the red trail, i had to pass on a tree, so i recommend to follow the red trail from the start and not the yellow one. Also, i did the green trail which was nice but much more busy. I recommend to see the fall close to the parking lot, accross the road, at 10mn walking distance. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

If you call yourself an avid hiker this trail is quite simple. Not much elevation change. Better suited for a cross country run/jog. The yellow trail is super easy. If you walk up Cochran mill road to hit the red trail it's more of a workout but still quite simple. If you live nearby I suggest it for a nice hike before or after work

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Great hiking area with nice mixtures of pine and hardwood forests. I hiked early in the morning and really enjoyed the numerous songbirds. Most of the trails are well worn but a good map and sense of direction is a must. Trail blazes and markers help at intersections. I am not sure I would rate this as moderate, more easy. I tried to make it to one of the higher points in the area but misread the yellow trail map and couldn't connect across the creek. Hiked about 6 miles.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Very nice trails, but not sure about the out and back part. We did a loop that was around 6 miles. Had some nice elevation change. Maybe there are different areas of Cochran Mill?

Sunday, March 12, 2017

I love it here! I've been a few times now because it's close to me and has some really beautiful waterfalls. Just make sure you get a map some of the trails are confusing and on the side with the Falls and you can get turned around very easily on the side trails.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Perfect for our dog. She is currently training and it was a perfect spot for us to take her for the first time.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Fun hike. Easy for the kids. Saw 3 deer. looks like a great mountain bike course.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Ensure you pay the Kiosk for parking. I wasn't able to complete all the trails. However, from what I was able to ride today, was very smooth. In most spots the flow was fast. I enjoyed it. I'm definitely coming back for more this weekend.

Monday, January 02, 2017

The green trail by the creek is a beautiful hike. It's about 5 miles if you start at the park and loop all the way around the nature center. There are a lot of older trail markings of different colors painted on the trees and a couple of unmarked splits, so it's easy to get confused. The metal diamonds nailed to the trees are the more current markings.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Waterfalls. Rocks! Great!

Monday, September 05, 2016

My only complaint is the bathroom. I can never unsee what I walked into. The nastiest gas stations have cleaner bathrooms. Other than that, the trails are easy to navigate and falls are nice. although care should be taken, watched a lady bust her ass while taking a photo.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Easy trail for an active lifestyle person. the falls are small but peaceful and pretty. Great for dogs. watch out for horse leave behinds!

Monday, August 08, 2016

Can't wait to do it again !!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

We only live a few minutes from this park and it is by far our favorite. We travel all over to hike different state parks but the waterfalls make this one for sure at the top of my list!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

This is one of my favorite parks to go to without traveling over an hour to get to a decent but secluded park. I recommend coming on weekdays oppose to weekends due to it being crowded on weekends. There's 2-3 man-made waterfalls from old mills and one natural waterfall that's roughly a 4 mile hike on the opposing end of the main park! Enjoy!