Cochran Mill Trail

Cochran Mill Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Palmetto, Georgia and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Quiet park in South Fulton offers waterfalls, rock formations, and plenty of nature. Cochran Mill park is located in Fulton County, near Palmetto, GA. There are several miles of trails, with several side trails or branches. The main trail is the "H" trail. It begins in the large field at the bottom of the hill, and runs along the creek to the end of the park boundary. There are a couple of water crossings and a few steep hillsides. Watch for the signs with the letter "H" and in general follow the creek. Several side trails offer deviations from the main route.

I liked this trail. It was quiet and the waterfall was nice. I've found some difficulties to see where to cross the river to continue on the red trail, i had to pass on a tree, so i recommend to follow the red trail from the start and not the yellow one. Also, i did the green trail which was nice but much more busy. I recommend to see the fall close to the parking lot, accross the road, at 10mn walking distance. Enjoy!

If you call yourself an avid hiker this trail is quite simple. Not much elevation change. Better suited for a cross country run/jog. The yellow trail is super easy. If you walk up Cochran mill road to hit the red trail it's more of a workout but still quite simple. If you live nearby I suggest it for a nice hike before or after work

Great hiking area with nice mixtures of pine and hardwood forests. I hiked early in the morning and really enjoyed the numerous songbirds. Most of the trails are well worn but a good map and sense of direction is a must. Trail blazes and markers help at intersections. I am not sure I would rate this as moderate, more easy. I tried to make it to one of the higher points in the area but misread the yellow trail map and couldn't connect across the creek. Hiked about 6 miles.

Very nice trails, but not sure about the out and back part. We did a loop that was around 6 miles. Had some nice elevation change. Maybe there are different areas of Cochran Mill?

I love it here! I've been a few times now because it's close to me and has some really beautiful waterfalls. Just make sure you get a map some of the trails are confusing and on the side with the Falls and you can get turned around very easily on the side trails.

Perfect for our dog. She is currently training and it was a perfect spot for us to take her for the first time.

Fun hike. Easy for the kids. Saw 3 deer. looks like a great mountain bike course.

Ensure you pay the Kiosk for parking. I wasn't able to complete all the trails. However, from what I was able to ride today, was very smooth. In most spots the flow was fast. I enjoyed it. I'm definitely coming back for more this weekend.

The green trail by the creek is a beautiful hike. It's about 5 miles if you start at the park and loop all the way around the nature center. There are a lot of older trail markings of different colors painted on the trees and a couple of unmarked splits, so it's easy to get confused. The metal diamonds nailed to the trees are the more current markings.