Chief Ladiga Trail

Chief Ladiga Trail is a 32.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Piedmont, Alabama and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

The paved Chief Ladiga Trail is wonderful. The 100 mile combination of the Silver Comet Trail and Chief Ladiga Trail is reputed to be the longest continual non-motorized path in the country. It's amazing how much is packed into this trail as it wanders through forests, wetlands, hills, a university campus, and Alabama towns. Very few other trails jam so much diversity into such a short distance. And it is so easy to take it all in. The trail itself is nicely paved from the trailhead near Anniston to the Alabama/Georgia state line. It is an inviting trail for travelers of all types including inline skaters, bikers, recumbent riders, wheelchair users, hikers, and even equestrians (in the Cleburn County section). Although most people explore the trail for its own natural beauty, others use it as a way to reach the Pinhota (hiker) Trail, to view the beautiful Jacksonville State University campus, or as a way to reach Georgia's Silver Comet Trail and eventually all the way to Atlanta Georgia. As with all trails, the Chief Ladiga is populated with friendly, happy people. But the Chief Ladiga has a big advantage, and it's called the Eubanks Welcome Center. Located in Piedmont, Alabama, the Welcome Center is your one-stop location for trail maps, souvenir t-shirts, trail information, and the camaraderie of the staff and other trail users. It is one of the friendliest, most helpful trail centers in the United States. Enjoy the southern climate, the laid-back pace, the fresh air, the refreshing exercise, or the trail companionship. But don't miss an opportunity to experience Alabama's Chief Ladiga Trail.

we have went from Weaver a couple of weeks ago to now we are in Piedmont. maybe next Sunday we will finish the whole trail into Georgia.

Cheif Ladiga Trail is a great ride. The diversity you get to see riding it is really incredible. My dad and I have enjoyed biking together here several times. He's even rode from Jacksonville to Georgia. Looking at hitting the trail Thursday afternoon with my dad and daughter. Being able to spend time in the outdoors with my Dad who introduced me to the outdoors when I was just a kid , now being able to share my love for the outdoors with not only my Dad , but my daughter as well is wonderful. Not many places for young kids to ride like this piece of heaven we have right here in our backyard.

Really liked this trail we rode from Piedmont to the Georgia line and back. Trail could use some repairs in spots due to the roots making the asphalt bulge just be aware of it could cause a wreck. Overall though it was a great ride will definitely go back!

Great ride!