Chicopee Woods Park Area Trails

Chicopee Woods Park Area Trails is a 13.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gainesville, Georgia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Chicopee Woods Trail System is a mountain biking path near Gainesville, Georgia. An extensive network of mountain biking trails. PLEASE NOTE: No dogs allowed on weekdays

They now charge a flat rate $5 parking fee or $50 annual parking pass. Trails are great though, very well marked and kept up. Crowded especially on weekends. Rainy cold days lessen the traffic.

ever felt like you were in the way? bikes everywhere. description should say trails mostly used for mountain bikes not hiking. great walk. not hard at all last long as you can dodge the bicyclists. not much to see, though I found a sewer cave our something. if I had my light with me I would've followed it further for the fun it might've offered. fortunately, I was just testing some gear today, so the focus wasn't distracted by views. the bikers are actually quite nice.

A mountain bike trail no views on tortoise.

Friday, March 17, 2017

No dogs allowed on weekdays. Unable to rate the trails

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Nice trail. Hiked with my friend before starting section on AT.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

beautiful spot

Friday, December 30, 2016

Very easy hike to that you can walk at a good pace.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Awesome place to try different levels of mountain biking

Saturday, July 23, 2016

It was a pretty cool little hike, clears the mind for sure

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Great trails, well maintained, and lots of miles. It is listed at 12 miles but I think that leaves out some trails like Outer loop, Red Tail, and Coyote; all told 20+ miles of fun. Hard to beat having these as your local trails. There are roots and rocks but overall pretty smooth; for a more rugged run try Elachee - less miles but more natural trail feel.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

easy to moderate. great trail to use when I don't have time to drive far off to the mountains

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

very relaxed well traveled trail. I would say it's easy to moderate

Monday, April 04, 2016

Very fun, well maintained 70% flat

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Great afternoon hike!

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Great afternoon hike. I have actually ran on this trail as much as I have hiked on it.

Friday, March 20, 2015

I love this trail! so thankful for it to be so close to me. I am a beginner and rode 11 miles recently. it was a little tough but fun. flying squirrel is by far my favorite trail.

Friday, March 06, 2015

Great runnable trails that are close to home. Keep in mind They are managed and maintained by and for mountain bikers so I always step of the trail and let them by. I also try to pick any thing dropped by the bikers like gu wrappers, water bottles, etc. I even found a bike multi tool once. This is my thanks for letting me run on their trails. Lots of white tail (hence the name of the longest trail) to run in to and if you put all the trails together you can easily stretch it to 12 miles. Also, only .25 mile to the Elachee Nature Center trail head across the bridge. Both trails back to back can give you a runnable 15-20 miles. Elachee has a few more hill climbs than the chicopee trails so you get some small hill work in. Don't forget your $1 for parking donation.

Monday, August 04, 2014

It was a good group of trails! Not too tough, crosses creeks, some brush and gradient changes. My dog was also pleased with the amount of shallow creek water with a few parts three feet deep to wade in. All in all, a great cluster of trails to navigate with clear markings to which trail leads where. Quarter mile markings to mark distance.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Great Track!!! I went soon after a rain and it was in great shape. Not an expert by any means but the trails were fun and challenging. Can't wait to go back! The directions from the app must have been updated because they took me right to trail head.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Really fun place to train. If you can't get a good workout here, you need an agent.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A great trail for intermediate to advanced riders. Definitely get there early, this place fills up quickly.

Friday, June 08, 2012

Just rode with my two boys. What a great trail we did the short tortoise trail but it was my boys first ride will definitely ride again soon. Thanks Chckopee

Friday, January 20, 2012

Real ass kicker for any first time riders. But it is a great work out for even your seasoned riders.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Great trails , for all intermediate riders. The best Trails that I have ever been to!! I highly recommend, all that is asked for is a 1 dollar donation. Also quite easy to find off the highway. Beginners be ware, you NEED some experience. Hope this helped

Friday, October 28, 2011