Chickamauga Creek Trail

Chickamauga Creek Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rocky Face, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Lafayette: Take GA 136 east 9 miles. Turn left onto Ponder Creek Road and go .6 mile. Take the right fork onto Forest Service Road 219 to the end of the road. The trail can also be reached from Forest Service Road 250. To reach forest service road 250, travel GA 136 East from LaFayette for 7 miles to the top of Taylor's Ridge. Turn left (north) onto o FS250. The trail crosses this road at a point approximately 2.6 miles north.

Only one on the trail it was in pretty good shape easy to follow. My fitbit tracked 7.1 miles for the loop with 96 floors

Great trail. Easy to navigate. The trail is definitely a better hike counterclockwise. Saw an armadillo . Also a nice overlook just under halfway. We are newbie hikers and it took us 3 hrs on the dot. Very peaceful and nice scenery. My daughter and I did this today in 30° weather with moderate winds. Still very enjoyable! This app is awesome and super helpful.

Nice hi Jk. Very dog friendly pretty easy there's a little elevation not bad and as one review that I read. I would recommend doing trail counter clockwise

Great well-maintained trail.

This trail was great! Very peaceful and relaxing!

great hike today

Great trail, well worn, marked with blazes and permanent post markers. Hiked today counter clock-wise (which I'd recommend as others have) amongst the beautiful fall foliage in 2 hours. The creeks had water in them but was low with the drier weather. Great cardio workout with the elevation changes on the trail. Didn't pass any hikers or hunters on the trail today.

Great trail with lots of variety.

3 1/2 hours....easy pace... GREAT HIKE!!!!

The hike took us 3 hrs to do an easy pace. We did this hike September 10th. The creek was all dried up because of no rain. We saw a few wildflowers, a hawk, a chipmunk. a turtle, and a few butterfly's, there was a lot of spider webs we walked through, I don't think the trail is hiked a lot. Ok hike, would have been better if there was actually a creek.

Thought is was a great beginner trail to do an overnighter. Was really, really hot when we did it (mid June), because of how still the air was but at night it was great. If you are wanting to make this a two day trip (and are doing the loop counter clockwise) there is a great little campsite on the right hand side of the trail around 4 miles in. Running water with a pool for refills even when it has been dry. If just a day hike, I'd rate this a 3.5 for lack of views during late spring through early fall.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This is a long one. It has some good climbs and can get your heart rate up. The 6.2 miles advertised is lite. The gps on this app showed 7.5 miles.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Nice little loop trail. Would say it's easy/moderate. The road to the parking lot requires a creek crossing. No water available on the first half of the trail if going counter-clockwise (which I suggest) and that section has a fair amount of elevation gain so ensure dogs fill up before. Ran into a few people on the trail, all with dogs. No views but nice scenery otherwise.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Not to much to look at but, I was extremely distracted by all the spiderwebs that seemed to fly into my face the entire time. A good hike to take the dog out on and pleasantly secluded.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

We hiked this trail on a saturday. Did not meet any other hikers. Trail was grown up in several places. I ended up with lots of small cuts on my legs and would recommend wearing pants if possible. Nicely shaded pathway. Would recommend counter clockwise path. Long hills! Great workout! Took 4 hrs to complete for novice hiker.