Chattahoochee Nature Center Trail

Chattahoochee Nature Center Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, Georgia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 147 feet Route Type: Loop

The girl who greeted us was not friendly, but once we paid up and hit the trail we were good to go. The trails are well maintained, easy, and there are little "tid-bits" of history along the way if you're interested. We went while some kids camp was going on but I'm sure it's usually quite serene. There is a butterfly feeding exhibit and a crazy-eyed eagle on display. There are apparently some zipline and obstacle course options to choose from. We went over to the boardwalk area. It was just ok. Nice views but nothing to write home about. But, overall, pretty awesome. Worth the visit.

Tue Jul 18 2017

good trail. wife & I enjoyed it.

Thu Apr 07 2016

Interesting trail of exhibits and river view. Several photo opportunities. Easy trail.

Thu Mar 31 2016

A pretty easy and average trail. the river is nice, but it the trail doesn't rank any where in my list of favorite views. It's a good trail if you live close and want to get out for some exercise. I also appreciate not needing to pay to park.

Wed Jan 13 2016

Really nice leisure hike. Super easy. Theres also a museum-quality learning center you can walk through before the hike so you can learn about our ecosystem :)

Fri Aug 30 2013

This trail hugs the Chattahoochee River for much of the short hike. This trail is heavily used, and as such, large portions are very muddy. Don't wear your fancy hiking shoes or tennis shoes if it has rained recently. There are some nice views and the location is tucked away in a residential neighborhood that would be impossible to find if it were not for excellent guides like this one. I was not wholly impressed, however. The amount of people, mud, mosquitoes and smell outweigh the views, in my opinion. It was an all right trek, but I doubt I'll ever return.

Wed Sep 05 2012

Checked out this trail on July 1st and, as luck would have it, we were having some of the hottest weather of the year that day. The benefit was that the trail was not very crowded but it was hot enough I cut the hike a bit short. Lots of wildlife to see as well as a very educational nature center and several enclosed habitats with birds of prey and a couple beavers. Some great views along the Chattahoochee River as well. I hiked right at 2 miles in 1 1/2 hours but I did stop and look quite a bit. There are several trails here that could give a variety of hikes. I saw another reviewer comment that these trails were good for biking but I'm almost positive these are foot traffic only trails. Much of the trail is within the confines of the nature preserve and another good portion is boardwalk over a flood plain. In addition to the hike and the nature exhibits they also have special programs here from time to time and there is a lakeside pavilion available for events.

Fri May 11 2012

Good for hiking, biking and trail running. Great views of the river. Can be a little busy.

Mon Mar 12 2012