Chattahoochee Nature Center Trail

Chattahoochee Nature Center Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, Georgia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Interesting trail of exhibits and river view. Several photo opportunities. Easy trail.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Thursday, March 31, 2016

A pretty easy and average trail. the river is nice, but it the trail doesn't rank any where in my list of favorite views. It's a good trail if you live close and want to get out for some exercise. I also appreciate not needing to pay to park.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Really nice leisure hike. Super easy. Theres also a museum-quality learning center you can walk through before the hike so you can learn about our ecosystem :)

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Friday, August 30, 2013

This trail hugs the Chattahoochee River for much of the short hike. This trail is heavily used, and as such, large portions are very muddy. Don't wear your fancy hiking shoes or tennis shoes if it has rained recently.

There are some nice views and the location is tucked away in a residential neighborhood that would be impossible to find if it were not for excellent guides like this one.

I was not wholly impressed, however. The amount of people, mud, mosquitoes and smell outweigh the views, in my opinion. It was an all right trek, but I doubt I'll ever return.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Checked out this trail on July 1st and, as luck would have it, we were having some of the hottest weather of the year that day. The benefit was that the trail was not very crowded but it was hot enough I cut the hike a bit short.

Lots of wildlife to see as well as a very educational nature center and several enclosed habitats with birds of prey and a couple beavers. Some great views along the Chattahoochee River as well. I hiked right at 2 miles in 1 1/2 hours but I did stop and look quite a bit. There are several trails here that could give a variety of hikes.

I saw another reviewer comment that these trails were good for biking but I'm almost positive these are foot traffic only trails. Much of the trail is within the confines of the nature preserve and another good portion is boardwalk over a flood plain.

In addition to the hike and the nature exhibits they also have special programs here from time to time and there is a lakeside pavilion available for events.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Good for hiking, biking and trail running. Great views of the river. Can be a little busy.

Monday, March 12, 2012