Charleston Park Trail

Charleston Park Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cumming, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great trail run! Pretty flat, beware with large groups, this is a mountain biking path first!

Fun trail, dogs on a leash but some people don’t follow that rule.

Fun trail to run. The direction alternates every other day and is fun either way. Looking forward to hitting it on a Mtn. bike soon, too. Oh and my dog loves it. Under canopy so not too hot and the lake is right there to cool off in afterwards.

Great hike with lots of up/down winding, well-blazed trails... clearly marked which direction is biking & which direction is hiking. We went on a Saturday so lots of bikes to contend with. The gnats were not my favorite but beautiful views of the lake and secret alcoves with picnic spots and benches. There is plenty of parking and bathrooms available at trailhead. No parking fees required!

Great trail system. well marked. Lots of wildlife.

It’s great for trail running. Challenging ups and downs and the signs clearly mark where you are. There are short inner loop and longer outer loop options.

I have used this trail to trail run. it offers a fairly good challenge, with a good cross section of extended ups and extended downs and periods of flats. good workout. watch out for sections of exposed roots.

The map for this trail is not accurate. We had to go cross country a couple of times to get back to the trail head. In addition, the millage is also incorrect. Instead of being 2.9 miles, we hiked 4.2 miles and would have been longer if we had not gone cross country.
Not much to see on this trail. In a few places one can see the lake but besides that it is just a trail through the woods shared by hikers and bikers.
I will not return here again.

Monday, May 29, 2017

I had an awesome time. It really put into perspective how out of shape I am. The uphills are well worth it, even though I thought my legs were going to fall off, and my body told me to stop and go home. It feels amazing after. The only downside to my outing was a front blowout, and not bringing a back up tube. Bring lots of water, and a good trail snack.

Sunday, October 09, 2016