Charleston Park Trail

Charleston Park Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cumming, Georgia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The map for this trail is not accurate. We had to go cross country a couple of times to get back to the trail head. In addition, the millage is also incorrect. Instead of being 2.9 miles, we hiked 4.2 miles and would have been longer if we had not gone cross country.
Not much to see on this trail. In a few places one can see the lake but besides that it is just a trail through the woods shared by hikers and bikers.
I will not return here again.

I had an awesome time. It really put into perspective how out of shape I am. The uphills are well worth it, even though I thought my legs were going to fall off, and my body told me to stop and go home. It feels amazing after. The only downside to my outing was a front blowout, and not bringing a back up tube. Bring lots of water, and a good trail snack.

Sunday, October 09, 2016