Cascade Springs Nature Preserve Outer Loop

Cascade Springs Nature Preserve Outer Loop is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Atlanta, Georgia that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 127 feet Route Type: Loop

Nicenlittle hike, kids loved it.

Average trail with pretty cascading (small) waterfall if you go left after you get to the painted picnic tables. If you’d like to hike I recommend turning right at the picnic tables and making the circle. Not any trash like mentioned in previous reviews. Completely shaded. Would have given a better review but I could hear traffic the whole time and the trail is short. Nice to have a quick getaway right in the middle of the Urban area

Would have to agree with reviewer Mike on discovering lots of trash and glass along the trails. Seems we arrived a wee bit earlier than when the actual locals living within the park had yet to clear the area. We almost turned around before we even started, due to some sketchy activity going on at the entrance also giving us some weird vibes. Even with this, we decided to give it a whirl. Once we started walking we discovered some neat things amongst the mess, a waterfall, spring house, artsy painted benches & tables & the best of all, 5 beautiful deer with felted antlers. With all the above we managed to get some decent walking in and enjoyed ourselves even though at times, we kept an eye over our shoulders. Best option for enjoying this place seemed to be taking a buddy or your dog. Most people that were out walking with their dogs or living there ;) seemed most at ease

Friday, 7/5/19 9:00am. Super trashy. Not well preserved at all and literal trash all over the place. I turned around about 100 yards in. Glass hazards for dogs. Wondered the whole time how many people were murdered or raped there. Bad vibes.

Beautiful! Really enjoyed this trail and the waterfalls are lovely!

Nice quiet hike with a beautiful waterfall. Multiple paths to take and not crowded at all. Easy walk for someone like myself just beginning to explore trails.

great quiet hike near the city

the waterfall was very pretty! definitely worth the ride to Atlanta; however, there REALLY needs to be more markers on the trail because I got turned around! there were many little trails to go off on but I had a hard time manuevering they it! thankfully I would run across other people and they would tell me which way to go!

if you want a quick verdant getaway in the midst of urban sprawl this will do

Quite loud with surrounding traffic, which can be expected since it is inside the perimeter. Very easy to walk however the trails were littered with garbage, which shows lack of care on both the city and the visitors. Probably won’t visit again, but don’t regret visiting completely.

Saturday, August 04, 2018

Fun trail with lots of options great trees in rock outcrops plenty of parking with picnic matches

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Nice trail

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Nice trails for running. Good ground. Interspersed loops to go and loopback around as long as you want to go. Cool creeks and little falls, plus big granite boulders to play on. So glad I made a pitstop here during my Thursday errands. Will be back

Monday, May 21, 2018

Saturday, May 12, 2018

This is a beautiful jewel inside the perimeter that’s a wonderful spot for trail run, hike, walk, or photo shoot.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

the waterfall is beautiful

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sweet, quiet walk with cool history

Monday, November 20, 2017

Pretty fun, didn’t find the waterfall, but overall a cool trail with lots of neat rocks!

Saturday, October 21, 2017

We visited this short & easy trail on a beautiful fall day. The parking was very convenient (an entire lot), which we appreciated. Since it was in the middle of the area, it was thoughtful of them to do that. The trail itself wasn't too difficult. The waterfall comes pretty quickly once you start the trail. That part was very serene and we enjoyed it. The rest of the trail is a loop. Because it hasn't been raining much, the creek part was a little underwhelming, but I'm sure once there is more water it's great. One of the main reasons for not giving the trail 4 stars was because of the lack of signage. There were small wooden pointers to tell you what trail you were going toward, but no colored markers to keep you on track. Overall, this trail is good for a quick hike that includes a nice waterfall not too far from the city.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Beautiful trail. Watch out for poison ivy near stream.