Caney Creek Preserve Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpharetta, Georgia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Caney Creek Preserve trail is a 1.2 natural surface trail within a designated 63 acre green space and transverses both woodland and pasture areas. The trail also has an interpretive segment that runs along a portion of Caney Creek. Caney Creek is a shallow, meandering stream with some shoals. There is a spot along the creek that children and dogs can access to play. Benches are available along the trail, and there is a hilltop overlook on the south end. Restrooms are available at both park entrances.

Awesome trail! We walk it A lot and the kids LOVE it!

I’ve enjoyed taking my dog here a few times. The trails were a little confusing my first trip but we got it figured out the second time around. Nice spot on the creek where he can get in the water but it isn’t quite deep enough for a big dog to swim. We saw there is a dog park on our last visit that we will be checking out soon.

Really enjoyed this trail! It’s easy to follow and has a nice creek with benches so you can sit and relax. I brought my nephew in his stroller and it was okay (a few times we had to lift it up over a few big trunks) but other than that we loved it! Great for dogs too!
Basically a nice simple secluded stroll in the woods for when you want a nice walk or just to get a little exercise in.

Clean, delightful,Very easy. sun & shady little side trails off the main path.

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Great park for kids and dogs. The hilltop overlook offers unobstructed views and is an excellent place to photograph sunsets.

recorded Track - Aug 31, 07:49 PM