Buzzard's Roost is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Dalton, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is best used from November until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

Park at the water treatment plant and walk around the iron gate north of the parking area. Follow the fire road about 2 1/2 miles, staying to the right at any "questionable" spot. Once at the top turn left onto a better gravel road.

Great 360 degree view at the top. Can get over grown in late spring and summer.

Great view! Good hike.

Hiked this trail several times. Great view from the top, but the trail is alongside I-75, so lots of noise from the interstate.
I was most recently on this trail in April ‘18. My dog was bit by a rattle snake on the trail (she was okay after an overnight visit to the doggy ER), and haven’t been back since.

This trail is actually on Rocky Face Ridge. Buzzards Roost is across 41 Hwy and is where the Disney Trail is located. I’m not certain this trail is open. The last time I checked the gate said no trespassing

I have always heard about this trail but had never actually done it. I found it online & on other apps but it wasn't on AllTrails . A friend gave me easy directions and it was a great hike. I wouldn't do it in the summer. Perfect hike for fall or winter!

recorded