Burnt Mountain Champion Trail

Burnt Mountain Champion Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jasper, Georgia that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

did this trail in the summer time in tennis shoes. loved the trail and the elevation is pretty steep.

Lovely hike on a cold and sunny day. Very steep. This would be difficult without trekking poles, with the build-up of leaves on the trail. Beautiful, almost 360 view of the mountains from the crest in the winter. Pretty creek at the bottom.

Loved the variety of mushrooms to photograph when I went a few months ago. Saw a water snake curled up by the creek. it's a bit of uphill work getting from the creek back to the trailhead.

I've gone hiking maybe three times in my life. My husband picked this trail for my first hike in Georgia. I'm not an outdoorsy person and don't enjoy strenuous hiking but my husband said it would be a nice walk. I thought I was going to die. It's a steep loop down and a steep loop back up. The fallen leaves made it hazardous since it was hard to see the rocks. The scenery was pretty as was the creek at the bottom. Now that I see the difficulty rating, it's definitely not for a new middle-aged hiker like myself.

The trail was well marked. It was steep going back up but not to bad. There was a nice stream at the bottom which was a nice for our dog to play on the rocks and get a drink. We did see a family of bears run up the ridge and saw some scat by the creek. There wasn’t an overlook but the forest foliage was full of color.

Beige. Dry. Nothing noteworthy for the senses. Suspect the views will improve in wintertime; but that wouldn't entice me back. Too many trails in GA to waste your time/energy on this one.

Great trail. Straight down halfway then straight up the last half! Beautiful creek and waterfalls at the halfway point kids loved it. It's difficult for reason, It is straight up the last half of the trail! We had a great time, took us about 3 1/2 hours to complete the hike.

Tracker read closer to 3 miles. Down hill and steep a little more than half of the way the back up hill the rest of the trek along the creek line. Ran across a 4 foot rattler on the way down, didn't see any other wild life.

Great Trail. Very steep going down. Not too steep coming out. Beautiful sycamore trees. Incredible canopy of trees.

Sunday, April 09, 2017