Brantley and Beaverpond Nature Trails

Brantley and Beaverpond Nature Trails is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Social Circle, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

geocaching

Hiked and found the two geocaches. Nice flowers in bloom all along the trail. The stamp for the State Park cache is at the park office and that cache had been relocated, I assume, due to a fallen tree. Saw a good bit go wildlife - deer, squirrels, turtles, and anoles. Also lots of butterflies. Watch out for ticks though.

clean and easy trail. there's a geocache near the tree that makes a natural bench I found by accident.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Easy trail to walk. Even the trail marked "hard trail" is easy. No rain, so the creeks were dry. overall a nice walk through the woods. Saw several deer.. an armadillo.. a very large turtle in the pond. It was peaceful and enjoyable.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

Trails ok, good for beginners.

Monday, December 21, 2015

I ran along the bike trails (going opposite way) and did over 8 miles. There was a lot of trail left too! The creek is pretty but other than that it was just a run in the woods. I liked it.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Took my son and dog out here as it's pretty close by where we live. Never have done the trails. We did the yellow and red, not the horse trails. It's Memorial Day weekend and the trails were isolated and no one was there except us!! We loved it! It was more of a workout than I figured it would be. Some nice up and downs the whole time. We went off trails and explored and climbed and crawled. Had a great time! Saw deer and lots of frogs! Only bad thing is the ticks were out of control!!! My dog usually never has trouble with ticks and the stuff I use for them, but good god! Even my son picked tons of them off himself! Anyway, will definitely go back here regularly for a good, quick workout through the forest!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

They now have miles of mountain biking trails that are great for hiking too! Beautiful scenery. Park employees were very friendly and helpful!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The footpath trails were "meh". However, the trailhead for the Interpretative trail actually had pamphlets for the trail. Learned a lot from that.

The Beaver Pond Trail is worth it solely to see the huge beaver lodge. The beavers are no longer present, but there are numerous large snapping turtles.

I wouldn't seek out this location for a hike, but if you're in the area, it's worth a twirl.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The 8 mile horse trail hike is moderate to hard in difficulty and is absolutely beautiful! You pass a pond, lake, streams, river, see unusual plantlife, wildlife, and even pass a huge horsefarm--not part of the state park. There is a little history on the trail too which you will just have to hike it to see. Great trail!!