Blue Trail

Blue Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rutledge, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the prettiest of the three main trails and the most popular with hikers and trail runners, as well as families on bikes. Two very pretty cascading creeks offer several picnic areas to enjoy a day in the woods. There are several short challenging sections but have shortcut trails that allow beginners a bail-out option.

For access from main road, follow signs for the mountain bike trail. once you park and set out you will initially be on the orange Trail which will go to the purple connector trail which then leads you to the Blue Trail. It is pretty well Marked. I posted some photos of the signage. depending on the day of the week it will direct you to go a certain route, which will be opposite of the mountain bikers. my friend and I milked 9 miles out of it in about 4 hours. Enjoy.

Not a bad bad trail for hiking, just better for mountain biking. Very easy terrain so a much quicker hike then I was planning for. If I had a bike I would go back again.

we enjoyed the hiked. we went on a monday morning amd never saw anyone . It was very peaceful and pretty woods. not much of a waterfall but we finally saw the stream towards the end with small waterfall but the dog enjoyed and we enjoyed the cold refreshing water on our feet. I would recommend if you want a long peaceful hike. we walked 8 miles including purple trail to get to blue trail. I felt it was very well marked

First...the maps at Hard Labor Creek suck. We ended up having to ask for directions to the trailhead, which was down the road from the main park entrance, only marked by a Mountain Bike Trail sign, no where did it say anything about hiking or trailhead.

Once getting on the trailhead, you have to hike part of the Orange trail, and a connection trail (Purple) to get to the Blue trail. The map states the Blue trail is 5.4 miles, so the 7.1 comes from the other two.

The trail itself is outstandingly beautiful. Lots of shade; except on the last 1/4. The last 1/4 of the trail follows a service road, with no shade, so be sure to cover your skin. Lots of area next to the Creek. There are plenty of colored arrows to help lead the way, some with days of the week written on them to help bikers and hikers share the trail. The trail also has numbered markers, but...they have no correlation to the map (the map has blue dots, I guess to represent markers, but just dots no numbers).

This is an all natural trail. Unlike some, the stones, roots and ditches haven't been cleared or flattened out; so foot placement is important to not falling on your face

It was a nice moderate hike...right at 7.1 miles. This is a mountain bike trail that advises hikers to go against the bike traffic which alternates direction by day of the week. We went on a Saturday in early March and saw maybe three groups of two bikers the entire time. We took the orange trail to the purple connector trail to the blue trail. There are shortcuts posted along the way if you don't really want to do all 7 miles. The blue trail meanders a lot and follows the very picturesque creek at times.