Blood Mountain and Freeman Loop Trail

Blood Mountain and Freeman Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Blairsville: Take US 19 and 129 south for 12 miles. Turn right into the Byron Herbert Reece Memorial and continue to the parking lot on the left.

1 hour ago

Was a quick but steep ascent to the peak with a longer more moderate descent. Didn’t get many views on way up or down but the peak was great. Some easy to climb rocks next to shelter gave me the best views.

The trail had some nice interest on the way down to keep me focused on the sights and not the legs. A few difficult to navigate intersections of trail but I had downloaded the map and handled. Without GPS i would have been less sure of my choices.

Overall a good day hike. Fall was gorgeous and not very crowded.

Started by taking the AT to the peak. I've seen others pictures, so I know the views are awesome, however for us, the fog settled in.
I did enjoy leaving the peak and heading toward the Freeman Trail, no traffic other then us. very relaxing.

This hike was incredible. The views were worth it. We hiked up the Freeman and back down the AT. It was difficult but the views made it completely worth the effort.

Loop is perfect length for day hike. Elevation not too bad. Very rocky so pay attention. Breathtaking views at summit.