Blankets Creek MTB Trails

Blankets Creek MTB Trails is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodstock, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The direction that you will need to ride Mosquito Bite, Van Michael, Dwelling Loop and South Loop trails change daily. Su/Mon/Wed/Fri are clockwise. Tue/Thurs/Sat are counter-clockwise.

I enjoy hiking and running these trails. If you get to know the traffic and when you can best avoid heavy biking times, it’s a great hike. My dog loves the access to water and swimming at multiple points. There are several trails - the best for hiking is mosquito flats + mosquito bite. When running, I enjoy Dwellers Loop (if I can get there early enough to avoid bike traffic.) It’s a difficult run for some that may not be used to trail running so be cautious. Also, tons of deer can be seen on these trails! If you enjoy photography, you can really get some great shots.

Great if you are a mountain bike not so much for hikers

My husband and I are hiking fans, and we probably should have guessed by the parking lot and about 100 cars with bike racks that this was a place where hoping was an afterthought. while the facilities were nice the trails were confusing with one way totes that changed based upon the day if the week. this looks like a cool place for beginners to moderate mountain bikers, but not enjoyable for hiking.

The road biking feature needs to be removed from this park. No paved trails…

Awesome trails. Got lost and ended up on the bike trail for that day, whoops.

I enjoy the trails. Walkers need to be mindful of those on bikes. The scenery is heavenly.

very co did I g with bikers

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Unfortunately we were caught in a pop up rain storm, but we'll try again!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Very nice trails, think it would be perfect for biking. Only drawback for trail running is that some trails are forbidden to runners, and obviously dodging bike traffic is tedious.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Beautiful layout!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

This is a mountain biking trail and all of the rules of the trail are designed to give bikers the right of way. That said, it is a good trail to hike as long as you go at a time when it is not saturated with bikers, otherwise you're stopping quite often to allow them to pass. There are some lovely views around the lake. You have a variety of loops to choose from and enjoy.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Great for mountain biking. Not so much for hikers with dogs.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Love the Van Michael Trail, great trails and come here as much as I can!

Friday, September 30, 2016

A great running / biking trail. My family and I love it!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

A great getaway mountain bike trail that still located close enough to the metro area of Atlanta to not be a getaway! Three different trails to match your skills. Excellent maintenance and a great experience.

Friday, May 27, 2016

The trails are not marked very well. We got lost a couple times. But, it's kept very nice. Lovely scenery and mostly shaded.

Monday, April 25, 2016

It was hard on some parts of the trails, with The slopes of high elevation, and were not easy to get up the hill. But it was a lot of fun and is the best park I know around Atlanta!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

well maintained! great trails. a good workout with some technical down hills, different skill level trails, and a jump track!! :)

Monday, March 07, 2016

Best mountain biking trails I've been too! Nicely kept, with a good range of trails fit different skill levels

Sunday, February 21, 2016

the best trails I found around! Today it was no people so I enjoyed a lot. Next time I'll run it!

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

I go to this place every chance I get. its a great place to get away from eveything without actually getting away from everything.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

It is a Mtn trail but we ran it. Nice flowing trails, good bit of up & down but not epic climbs. Looking forward to taking daughter to beginner trail, looks perfect for introducing to mtb'ing. Nice trail system.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Took the kids hiking there when my brother in law was in town. The trails can be somewhat confusing as there are a million twisty trails to take. It was well maintained, busy in spots and not so much as you got deeper into the woods.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

great trails for mtnbking starters, and pros. plus there has never been a time i have not seen deer.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Amazing trail

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Blankets creek is fantastic. It has everything for all levels of mountain biking. They are well maintained by the local mountain bike club, SORBA-Woodstock. They do a great job! Four main trail loops. I have been riding here for years and still enjoy it. For a metro mtn bike trail system it can't be beat.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Intense biking trail with moderate to extreme turns and drops!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My 11 year old.son and I are beginners and found the Mosquito Flats beginner trails to be the perfect mix of flat, simple trails and more challenging bridges, creeks and narrow passes. Any easier and the trails would become boring over time, any harder and they might be dangerous for younger cyclists.
Plus there are plenty of trail heads with picnic tables where you can cool off, snack on some trail mix and watch the more experienced cyclist hit the ramps, jumps and downhills. Those guy are nuts but it's sure a blast to watch them go.
All around a great bike park and less than 20 minutes from our home in Hickory Flat. Can't beat it.

Sunday, March 08, 2015