Blanchard Woods Cross Country Trail

Blanchard Woods Cross Country Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evans, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love the hills and valleys which makes this trail awesome. However, even without recent rain, there were some pretty muddy areas which I don't like to go through on my walks as a personal preference. I will be coming back to this trail on occasion and maybe the muddy areas won't be so bad.

Lots of variety

The trail offers a good mix of inclines and declines, at spaced out in intervals which you can use to your advantage if you like to sprint uphill and run/jog flats for speed workouts.

I give this as an overall for variety. It is great for a slightly challenging run, relaxing walk/heavy pack hike with a family/loved one, or even biking. The trails could use a slightly more improvement. I hope Evans/Columbia County invests in other like areas for the community. Side items include a sports complex with even a skate park! If you visit, leave feedback.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

took the family and dogs for a walk. trail was marked and groomed. enjoyed the afternoon.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Monday, April 11, 2016

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

This park is very nice and the path appeared to be a high traffic area frequented by local walkers and joggers. The trail is well maintained and has some fairly scenic wooded areas with mild undulations. It is a good place to go for a little trek and then take a break and enjoy the other elements of the park. I particularly enjoyed watching the folks skating.

Friday, January 22, 2016

I was a little off put by the location. The trail surrounds a park/soccer field area, which creates a sort of juxtaposition -one sport against another- one that I do not like.
Aside from that the trail seemed to be well marked. I think this would be a good one to take your dog for a walk on, but not one I would use to feel "lost in the woods."

Sunday, September 27, 2015

It was fun to do the short bit with my toddler, his first hike and he loved it.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Monday, June 15, 2015

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Sunday, May 17, 2015

I typically hike this 5k loop most mornings as it is close to my house, in the woods and has some hills on it. While if you are trying to prepare for something like Georgia section of the AT this wouldn't really get you fully prepared it is a good trail and isn't enough like a paved highway to feel like a real hike. I enjoy it, it is fairly well maintained and has lots of parking.