Big Trees Preserve Trail

Big Trees Preserve Trail is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atlanta, Georgia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It stunk! Like something was rotting

My getaway on the weekends. A beautiful place to hike. Moderate to strenuous.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great place for a quick walk with the dog.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Good to take dogs for a short hike

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

A lovely urban gem. There is a loop along Powers Branch Creek, a back country trail and a wildflower meadow near the entrance of the park. It is very family, dog friendly with several seating areas to picnic. A great place to take a "time-out" from city life and watch the birds flit in and out of the forest.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Real simple loop. Not great if you're looking for a challenge, but it's a beautiful area to explore and sit, with lots of old growth oaks and plenty of benches and sitting areas.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

This is one of my least favorite trails that I have hiked. The trails are poorly marked and it's difficult to follow any specific path. Not sure if it was just the day that I went but I ran into three separate groups allowing their dogs to run off leash. I forgot my dogs leash at home so I had to MacGyver one out of an old cell phone charger. Each time I approached and looked at their dogs off leash they would say, "It's OK, their friendly."... I'm not sure they got the point of the leash.

However, this trail is nestled in an otherwise heavily developed area so if you're feeling stuck in the city this is a decent escape. With all the other options around me I likely wouldn't hike this trail again.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This little quiet place in slap in the middle of a city. A great place to walk to gather your thought and get away from the city. The babbling brooks and creeks help release stress. The other walkers are polite and there for just the quiet walk also.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

This is an easy walk, not a hike, but it is great. It's a beautiful forest in the middle of the city. If you are wanting to just get out and be with nature but don't have a lot of time and don't want to go very far, I highly recommend going here. You wont be disappointed.

recorded big t