Big Rock Nature Trail

Big Rock Nature Trail is a 0.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chatsworth, Georgia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, rock climbing, and nature trips and is best used from May until October.

rock climbing

My kids loves this! It gets pretty rocky around the waterfall area. A few fun bridges to cross as well

Such a beautiful and simple hike! Has gorgeous mountain views and a peaceful brook with waterfalls to rest beside. Absolutely lovely.

Great little trail ,beautiful waterfall and Creek
Directions do not take you anywhere near trail it's in Fort Mountain State Park

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

This short trail had an amazing brook waterfalls and some great views if you break off the path a little

Thursday, May 12, 2016

beautiful small Trail got to see a black bear and a huge snapping turtle

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturday, September 12, 2015

this is an awesome trail but beware don't use Google directions it is way off lol!!!! just go to Fort mountain state park

Friday, July 24, 2015

I hiked on July 4th after a really rainy weekend. The ground was wet still but the hike itself was still fairly easy. Nearer to the waterfall the hike went from a walk to a bit more inclined to trekking over some rocks that were slick from the weather. The blazes were easy to follow and clearly marked. The waterfall was a great payoff. Also pay attention through the trees for great views of the valley. The area is notorious for bears and we heard one but never saw it on the hike. Once back in the car we saw a cub so when hiking here know your bear safety. There were lots of other wildlife: woodpeckers, chipmunks and deer. So overall a short, moderate hike with lots of great wildlife and scenery.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Correction on rating

Sunday, June 22, 2014

The directions took me to an abandoned house! Never found the trail.

Sunday, March 09, 2014

I always go off trail and climb rocks tbh.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lovely hike! Just enough rise & fall to get your heart rate up! Beautiful views & really well marked! We heard a few pileated woodpeckers as well! We will be back! Great place to take a picnic!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

This is a nice trail, moderate incline so you get a good stretch for the short distance. I hiked with my children and our black lab and we ALL loved it! Beautiful views and access to the waterfalls. (easy). We were campers at Fort Mountain, where this is just one of the trails and found it to be a lovely place to visit.