Big Creek Park Trail

Big Creek Park Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Roswell, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

N

Beautiful this time of year. Moderate amount of people, but worth the time. Wonderfully maintained so us out of towners enjoyed it thoroughly. Ran 8.5 mi

We couldn't figure out how to get to the longer loop so our hike was only 1.5 miles and was VERY easy. Good "walk" for little kids and dogs, but there are tons of bike riders if you go off the pedestrian trail

It's beautiful out here. Great trails. Love the greenway as well.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

It was a decent trail but short. Great for those who want to bike and many more trails for mountain biking than hiking. I couldn't find the trail marked "outer loop" that showed a 4.78 mile hike.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Great trail! Everything from beginner to advanced.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

The paved trail is ok, but big creek is great not because of the paved trail, but the awesome xc and free ride mountain bike trails located in the park. Big Creek also offers decent dirt running/walking trails.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

The trail was clean and easy to find. it is all gravel so no mud. Easy walk, just watch for bikes because their trails intersect the walking trail.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Great trail for the family.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Nice hike with beautiful views of the river, but the directions on this app take you to the wrong place. The correct entrance is off of Roberts Drive at Island Ford Parkway.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Love this pathway. It connects to the Alpharetta Greenway, so you can pretty much go as far as you'd like.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Great track for anyone looking for a versatile trail, downhill, or normal track. A little rocky in spots but a good challenge many option on different days. I recommend this trail for anyone starting out or weekend warrior. Right off the greenway and great way to connect with nature while it's located within the city of Roswell. I run the Dirty Spokes big creek challenge every year 10 miler and its a great experience to see everything instead of flying thru it on wheels. Fun track!!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

The trails are well kept,however it's too short and too repetitive in my opinion,not much of a challenge at all.There's signs posted all over the trail that can get confusing specially since the loop intersects a lot.Scenery it's nice couple of squirrels and a buck!

Saturday, March 01, 2014

There are mountain biking trails but there is a path that is designated for trail running only. It is a nice mix of flats and hills and a pretty scenery to keep from getting bored.

Friday, November 29, 2013

The trail being reviewed here by most people is the mountain bike trail. However the trail on the Mao is actually the multiuser path that goes through to Alpharetta. There should be multiple paths here and there should be a longer trail as the trail shown is only the Roswell portion. We like the path there are several retention pond and some wetland areas that are nice. frequently see deer and other wildlife.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Great local trail 1.4 in one loop with decent hill either direction. Lucky to have it.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Great Trail! We generally do the loop in the woods, avoiding the paved trail, but for long distance runners, you can't beat the scenery on the flat out 12.5 mile track.

Monday, April 15, 2013

If you are into FREERIDE &DOWNHILL, this place is pretty sweet. While its nothing compared to resort bike parks it still offers some very challenging features: 12ft drops, table tops, lots of berms, gaps. There is also a fast flowy run that you weave through a wide wash. Very fun. Also a dirtjump part up above the DH runs that is pretty decent size to throw down some tricks ( DJ,BMX). Although not quite as flowy as Blankets creek Holler run. There are way more lines to hit here and all last a bit longer. Oh yea they have XC trails but I have not experienced those: not my discipline. Come check it out though its worth it. Oh yea and donate if you can!

Monday, December 31, 2012

We don't really like this trail. Everything is tight. It's no blankets creek. Convenience is the only reason we end up going.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This is a great little sprint MTB track. I just moved right next to the trail 5min bike ride. Perfect. If you are going for the first time I do recommend going during the week, less people and you can take your time to get a feel. If you are an expert MTB rider the expert marked tails are more like intermediate. For me living so close, it is a great little short track. The best way to make the most of this trail is to time your ride and then next time out try to beat it. I don't understand how people can complain about this great trail right off of 400. It is not suppose to be a major trail. Thank you Rambo!!!!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Great trail system that easily accessible. I wouldn't advise taking a hardtail down the downhill section up at the free-ride area. The erosion has really taken its toll creating some nasty channels and exposing some tough riots in critical areas. Great for a dh or fr rig though! Overall a fantastic place to ride. Thanks RAMBO!

Saturday, April 07, 2012

For the 15 minute ride from my house it's a good trail. It's no blankets creek but it keeps me happy and is an easy enjoyable ride

Monday, February 27, 2012

It's ok. mountain bike trails were really dry and doesn't seem to be maintained very well. Good ride with the girlfriend on the sidewalks.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I loved it!! Went with my kids and walked on the paved area really liked it!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I go here at least twice a month with some friends to mountain bike. It is the only trail nere where i live. I love this trail it has a large variety of trails ranging from behinner to expert to trails with jumps and such for tricks. The trail direction changes every otherday making it seem like there are twice as many trails.

It is a wonderful park with lots if trails and i highly reccomend it to anyone!!

Monday, October 10, 2011

I went with my aunt a few times and it's one of my favorite trails to bike ride, walk/run on! Seen some very pretty bunnies hopping along the grassy side and we "mooed" at the cows when we rode by them. Love the swampy areas most of all!

Sunday, October 02, 2011

*Disclaimer* I went on a Sunday, so "weekend warriors" greatly influenced my experience. I was attracted to give this place a whirl, strictly because of the distance. Thumbs down on ever going again on a weekend. I was almost collided into numerous times by cyclists on curves going too fast from opposite direction crossing center line. (I really wanted a pellet gun or something to "return" the favor.)

Like another reviewer, majority is paved, and nice, if that's your suburban thing. I met some friends w/ not very outdoorsy dogs, so my first pass was on the paved sections. We started at the YMCA entrance to the right of the restrooms. Mostly flat except a couple of bridges.

*there is a 2nd trail, less traveled if you exit the parking lot & immediately head to the right.

There wasn't much oppty to get off pavement to explore some "rogue trails" I noticed. Some folks take the signs too seriously. I found the bike trails/unpaved eventually, but didn't have much time to explore them.

I felt like "I drove 45 mins one way to walk on paved "trails with call boxes". I could have easily done 12 miles in my own suburban hell walking by creeks & dodging idiots.

Not for me. I guess it's the suburban version of "outdoorsy". Prefer Vickery Creek to this (despite getting off to poor/false start the first time).

Sunday, August 21, 2011

An easy trail, but good for long walks to build up endurance. Not the most scenic, but being in the suburbs, it's a nice departure from public parks. There is a hiking trail off of the paved paths, but for anyone who hikes mountain trails, it's comparable to a quick walk in the woods. I enjoy this trail when I don't have the time to drive out to more challenging areas, it's just around the corner, so location is a big plus.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The paved part is nice ride. The off road is more difficult, it changes direction everyday. I saw a deer and a turtle on my first ride.