Big Creek Greenway Trail: Forsyth

moderate 135 reviews

Big Creek Greenway Trail: Forsyth is a 17.6 mile out and back trail located near Alpharetta, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 17.6 miles Elevation Gain: 360 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

flooded

flooded

Loved the nature. Got to see two Hooded Merganser! Plus a few cool birds including a woodpecker :) The downside was that the trail was flooded so I only got about .5-1 mile in and had to come back. Will definitely come back another time when it’s not flooded!!

Boardwalk is in rough shape

Biked it, mostly nice folks with squishes mixed in. I do this path mainly when my kiddos are with me. Easy to ride

I love this trail. I recently saw what I guess is an iguana which I just posted. You will have to look close. I know that can’t be native! Lots of snakes, lizards and turtles in May.

Wed Feb 27 2019

Our family always enjoys the Greenway

Mon Feb 18 2019

Fri Nov 23 2018

I like this trail a lot, the wood is nice to run ok, I bike a lot here too

Thu Oct 04 2018

Beautiful place for a run or a walk. Just make sure to have bug spray as it has lot of trees around. Enjoy running hear. If your lucky you can see deers in the woods too.

Sun Jun 10 2018

Beautiful trail and easy to walk. The trees provide enough shade on a warm Georgia day.

Mon May 21 2018

Really nice, extensive trail connected to several other trails. All-in-all more than 13 miles. Shaded, well marked, and very popular with locals.

Sun Feb 11 2018

This is a nice trail but, it’s not finished. There was flooding in areas and, a lot of mud. The trail was completely impassable under the roadway. I will definitely wait and come back on a dryer day.

Sun Jan 07 2018

nice and easy

Thu Nov 23 2017

I really enjoyed the length of this trail. I was able to walk for a long distance without having to go in circles and see the same things over and over.

Sun Sep 03 2017

The parking lot on McFarland Pkwy is not as large as the one on Bethelview Rd and neither does it have restrooms. The lot fills up fast. Busy trail this Labor Day weekend. Watch out for Bikers.

Sun May 14 2017

Peaceful place to walk & listen to my music.

Wed Apr 12 2017

awesome diamond in the rough. can't wait to do it again

Sun Mar 19 2017

Good walking trail. Pretty flat service. Great for bike riding.

Sat Mar 19 2016

Easy trails through expert levels! Right now their extending the blue trail (Intermediate level) and it's so fun! Hills, dips, bridges, and all kinds of great things to make you laugh out loud on your saddle!

Tue Dec 15 2015

Nice trail, not much to look at.