Bethel Park Loop

Bethel Park Loop is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gainesville, Georgia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 72 feet Route Type: Loop

Super easy double loop just as described. Great little hike for an almost 3 year old. Cool and rainy when we went and plenty of parking available.

Great trail and very dog friendly. Lots of places for dogs to swim.

I absolutely love this little park! I lived in this area for over a decade and this was my favorite trail. It's a short trail, only two 1/2 mile loops, but the lake views, the big shade trees, the breeze off the water, and the gentle terrain will lull you into such a peaceful run that you will forget how many laps you have completed. This is the perfect beginner trail if you are just getting into trail running. There are hardly any roots or big rocks and the trails are wide and clean. I was able to take my kids on this trail with our jogging stroller without issues when they were little. This is a super dog friendly trail and most of the regulars go off leash, but I always have to keep my dog on his leash or he will just hang out in the lake and not run with me. One note of caution, you are on the lake the whole time and some slopes to the water can be steep for little kids. There is an extra out and back trail at the entrance to this park that you might see people going on. I did not add this section to my recording and I would advise not doing it unless you are paying close attention. Do not take little kids on this section because there is a straight down drop to a beach at the turn around point near the end of the peninsula and it will come up on you fast. Stick to the two 1/2 mile loops on my recording.