Benton Mckay Springer Mountain Loop is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Three Forks, Georgia that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

BEES AT OWENS LOOKOUT. GOT STUNG 4 TIMES

Owen’s lookout had the best views, but we got stung by bees, so just be careful.

This is a good day hike that just about anyone can do. Owens lookout was pretty impressive. I would recommend going all the way to the Springer summit. It's less than half a mile.

I recommend taking a short detour off this loop to the AT terminus at top of the mountain. Fun photo op at the AT marker, can sign the log [composition book], and enjoy a nice overlook. Tip: Some of the forest service dirt roads are for high clearance vehicles only. Check out their maps to choose the best access for you. Even some of the roads marked for passenger vehicles might not be suitable for sedans that are low to the ground - due to potholes. https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/conf/maps-pubs

nice moderate trail that gets you on two big ones, the AT and the BMT. we hiked on a Friday and only saw a few people and that was when we were getting close to the parking lot. We ate our lunch at Owen's overlook which is about halfway. This was our second time on the trail, last year we hiked it clockwise and this year we went the other way:)

This trail is a must do. You get to see the first blaze on the AT with a incredible view on top of Springer mountain and then you'll follow a incredible creek with mutable waterfalls .

I turned my recording on and off as we stopped. I forgot to restart at an overlook and missed 1/2 of the hike. I will leave the recording on from now on.
We took the most difficult road to get to the start. Scary! We drove home Doublehead Gap Rd to 52.
Much better!
The trail was well marked, moderately easy and so beautiful at the end of April. Few hikers were in the trail. 3 stream crossings on Benton Mackaye trail. A good day.

We ended up doing a 5.5 mile loop that roughly followed this loop. Nice afternoon hike. Interesting drive, via UFS roads to get to parking lot.