Bear Hair Gap Trail

Bear Hair Gap Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Suches, Georgia and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Blairsville: Take US 19 and 129 south from Blairsville for 10 miles. Turn right into Vogel State Park.

Nice hike with several streams. Added on to the loop 2 miles going to slaughter mountain to put the elevation gain at 1500 ft.

Moderate to hard. Steep in many places but worth it!!

Not a good beginner trail but a great hike! Pretty steep in some places but the view at the top of the Vogel Overlook and the beautiful creeks and small waterfalls are so worth it. Our pup loved it! We loved it, and will definitely be back again!

I did this trail this past Sunday It was a amazing hike, steep at times and the lookout at the top is a must see

Overall a pretty nice trail. The trailhead is located adjacent to Cabin #7. We had a difficult time finding this as we first entered Vogal Park. The hike was very steap at times. The Vogal park overlook at the top is a must.

Lush and beautiful hike!

Nice moderate loop. The dog loved it. Decent climb

Lots of elevation and lose rocks. Make sure you have water and good shoes. Plenty of people but worth the hike.

It was okay. I didn't realize that it was the same trail down as up. Great view at the top. Not exactly puppy friendly; too many rocks on the trail. Steep. A little bit more difficult than a moderate hike.

Steep at time but worth the view from the overlook at the top

This, for me, was difficult. Seemed either straight up, or straight down with very little reprieve in between. There was really nothing impressive about the trail. Did the Vogel Overlook, which was somewhat disappointing. All that work for a glimpse of a lake. I'm in the Georgia Mountains, I was expecting great mountain views. Didn't happen. Plus a big section near the last mile or two, is very poorly marked. You have to do a huge rock formation "roundabout " You need to look for the green blaze or you will go the wrong way. It's also confusing near the last mile, where Bear Hair and Coosa meet up, there's red blazes everywhere, you have to search for the green ones. Anyway , I got to be outside on a trail, so I rated it a 3.

Great trail for our scouts- not too rough- nice view on top in the fall.