Bear Creek Trail

Bear Creek Trail is a 10.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ellijay, Georgia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Downhill track for the bear creek trail system. Top speeds get up to 30+ The uphill is continuous but the overview look is well worth it. The downhill back down is blistering fast and has many air opportunities on the way down. Watch out for other trail users.

amazing, gorgeous trail that is pretty easy. frequent run ins with the creek and frequent changes of scenery. be aware of the narrow road on the way in. also, watch out for black bears!! our hike got turned around when we crossed paths with a mama and 4 cubs. the trail also features north Georgia's tallest and widest tree. awesome hike all around

God's country! my happy place! this is the most beautiful place in the world to me! I come here every chance I get. Plenty of private camping areas around the creek or away from it your chose!

A classic!

Dual use trail, narrow with mountain bikers. can be a bit perilous since the sight lines are too short to see people flying at you.

Hard to find but worth the drive. I encountered only two people (both on bikes) while hiking. Very dog friendly. My pup loved the creek crossings and laughed at me when I lamented wet shoes. Full loop took us only 3 or so hours. Beautiful forest and quiet. The Gannett poplar was amazing but horribly scarred by others carving the trunk.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Beautiful but I would rate the hike as a black skiing mountain! Trail not well marked. Got lost and ended up hiking a total of 11.4 miles. Some very steep inclines. Not for kids unless you want to end up carrying them or shooting yourself from the whining.

Monday, July 11, 2016