Barkeater Trail Loop is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rising Fawn, Georgia that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I rode the CCT parking at the trailhead in the park. $5 at the ranger station entering and if you ask they give you a map. According to the map there are other places to park and you can access 5 points but not being familiar and not wanting to get towed, I just went the safe route. The CCT is a wide easy ride with traffic but the connecting trails are marked well and rated. My intention was to get to 5 points but i saw bark eater and it was rated double black diamond so I hit it. It was a pretty good ride from the CCT trailhead to here so I didnt make 5 points but bark eater was pretty good. Plenty of places to experience a flat and technical. Brakes are a must. Somebody put in alot of time making the rock gardens and they did a great job. The CCT is so well marked and it makes the map easy to read and realize where your at. This trail system is an awesome place for any level of rider. If you have someone on the fence and you want to take them riding and not worry about destroying a bike or get hurt this is the one. I would imagine there would be alot of traffic on the weekend but I was there on a Friday and saw one other person. From everything Ive read 5 points is where you want to ride and next time now that I have a map that’ll be where I’ll be riding.

The trail is interesting. I just hate the little bridges. They are in major need of repair/replacement. otherwise the trial is slightly technical and lots of fast fun...until you come to another bridge.