Arkaquah Trail

Arkaquah Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

scenic driving

Directions from Blairsville: Take US 19 and 129 south from Blairsville for 8 miles. Turn left (east) onto Georgia 180. Go 8 miles and turn left (north) onto Georgia 180 Spur. Follow this road 3 miles to the Brasstown Bald Visitor Center parking lot. Visitors should stop by the Brasstown Ranger District, or call 706-745-6928 for more information on these trails.

Started at Trackrock Gap Road and headed east, some really tough switchbacks in the beginning and I'm a seasoned hiker. Some great views along the way and had the trail entirely to myself. Coming back was easier but going back down the switchbacks was slightly rough on the knees.

Hiked up from track rock gap. First 1.5 miles up was extremely tough, unrelenting steep incline. After reaching the ridge, you’ve got mountains on both sides, though views are generally obstructed due to trees. From here out, hike was moderate to difficult but definitely beautiful. We made the extra hike up to Brasstown Bald and were rewarded with clear, exceptional views. A tough hike, but well worth it!

After walking up to the summit of Brasstown Bald my husband dropped me off for a downhill walk to Track Rock Gap Road where he picked me up. I had the trail to my self. There are many rock outcropping and the trees and understory plants change as you drop in elevation. It is a moderately easy hike down but I could tell the reverse would be strenuous. Beautiful.

Hard but great!

Great hike! Slightly steep at times but a great workout.

Very tough trail. Only 6 cars can park at very bottom. This trail will spank you!

Gnarly hike. Killer climbs killer views. Be sure to pace yourself. No water the whole way up so bring your own water!!!! A for real hard hike. I have hiked all over the state of Georgia and this is probably one of the hardest if not the hardest in Georgia. And it can totally be done in one day. No overnight necessary.

If you are looking for an intense hike/workout this one is for you. The first 5.5 miles is 70% uphill. This hike was a challenge and I am definitely glad I did it. Parking was limited. The trail head is across the street from the parking area.

Glad we did this trail. We started at bottom of mountain and hiked to Brasstown Bald and back. Happy we did the up hill first. Beautiful trail with mountain laurel and rodedendreum blooming through out. Great hike and awesome trail, Definitely hard.

I am glad to have this off my list, I'm not sure I'll repeat it. great views at the summit but man what a butt burner. I do have some great pics of the many different wildflowers. definitely a rating of hard from me.