Arkaquah Trail

Arkaquah Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Blairsville: Take US 19 and 129 south from Blairsville for 8 miles. Turn left (east) onto Georgia 180. Go 8 miles and turn left (north) onto Georgia 180 Spur. Follow this road 3 miles to the Brasstown Bald Visitor Center parking lot. Visitors should stop by the Brasstown Ranger District, or call 706-745-6928 for more information on these trails.

If you are looking for an intense hike/workout this one is for you. The first 5.5 miles is 70% uphill. This hike was a challenge and I am definitely glad I did it. Parking was limited. The trail head is across the street from the parking area.

Glad we did this trail. We started at bottom of mountain and hiked to Brasstown Bald and back. Happy we did the up hill first. Beautiful trail with mountain laurel and rodedendreum blooming through out. Great hike and awesome trail, Definitely hard.

I am glad to have this off my list, I'm not sure I'll repeat it. great views at the summit but man what a butt burner. I do have some great pics of the many different wildflowers. definitely a rating of hard from me.

Definitely more difficult than moderate, especially after a rain. The trail is easy to follow even though it isn't really marked. Take plenty of water and some snacks!

This trail is rated as moderate. I can only imagine that's if you leave out from Brasstown Bald walking mostly downhill to Track Rock and then take an Uber back to your car. If you leave from Track Rock to Brasstown or vice versa, AND BACK, this is most definitely hard. Zero views at Brasstown it was completely fogged in, about a third of the way back the skies finally cleared. The hike up to Buzzards Roost is a beast and for the most part heading uphill the entire way to Brasstown. It took me just over 6.5 hours and I loved every minute. I'll be back on a clearer day.

Hiked to the top, beautiful as well as a hard slog to the top. Worth the trip!
Look for the trail by walking left out of parking and trail start is on the right up the hill approx hundred feet. Not well marked.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016