Appalachian Trail: Springer Mountain to Neels Gap is a 29.9 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Three Forks, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Awesome trip. We actually started with the Approach Trail at Amicalola Falls. If you do the Approach Trail add another 8.8 miles to your journey. The whole hike took from Saturday 1:30 until Wednesday at 1:30. It was brutal but worth it. The worst climb was Sassafras Mountain. There is a 7 mile stretch from Hawk Mountain to Justus Creek. Make sure you fill up at Hawk. Also the water source at Woods Hole is dry as of yesterday. Great hike, beautiful views and one I will always remember.

I did this trail last year with a few friends and it was a 4 day hike to remember. Blood mountain! Took a few water detours so I know I did more than 30 miles. I live in NY so I will definitely complete the NY State.

Just finished a 4 day backpacking trip from Three Forks to Blood mountain. Low temp was 18 and high of 54. Mornings were cool and had to shed layers after starting each day. We saw several day hikers but not too many on our last night. No bears were seen. Bear box is at campsite Woods hole. It's about .25 mile off the AT but there is a privy and a cool 3 sided shelter and a small water source. Blood Mountain was a great view but the down hill to Neels gap was a lot of stone steps.
Good luck & Happy Trails!

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Ridiculously hard with a 30 lb pack. Reward: top of blood mountain.

Thursday, April 27, 2017