Appalachian Trail: Springer Mountain to North Carolina Border

Appalachian Trail: Springer Mountain to North Carolina Border is a 76.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Blue Ridge, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

21902 feet
Point to Point

Georgia section of AT. From Springer Mt. to the NC border.

John Young, are you still looking for hikers for this trip? I tried to email you.

Sept 28 looking for folks doing the same. Unsure of this site but trying. Springer to nc border trip. I live in florida. Contact me at johnyoung063@gmail.com

Looking at doing section springer to nc on seat 27 and hope to do 7 days any takers?

I plan on hiking from Springer to the NC border stating on Sept 13, 2017. I have 10 days to see if I can make it. If not, I will stop at Dicks Creek Gap. Anyone else? Chrisd224@comcast.net

Hard as F@&$ but well worth it

Hi
I am hiking from Springer to Smoky Mountain.Anyone else going round about the 18 the September 2017?
I have 12 days to see how far I can get. Any suggestions on weather and gear needed? pauloppel@gmail.com

Our family is hiking in sections. We have made it GA to NC border in 3 years. It is a great cheap family vacation with lots of bonding time.

Rough, and mud driven slopes and the heat in the summer of 2015-2016 was a beast. Did in segments until reaching NC/GA/TN.

The stairs suck.... but, you can find a lot of good gear that idiot thru hikers toss to the side....I'm not picking that crap up.

i am planning on doing the section with a friend. We are going to park cars at each end of this section. Where would we park at on the North Carolina side of this trail?

Loved it! Hiked 115 miles in 5.25 days! Wife and I did a section, we hiked hard and fast.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Amazing views, but very hard terrain. Be prepared for a lot of up and downs.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Gorgeous! Many nice places to make camp

Monday, May 16, 2016

great

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Great trail, started in springer mountain all the way to neel' Gap passed Blood mountain. Amazing view, grate camp sites and unfortunately didn't see any Bear :) for fully loaded backpackers, some parts were hard the rest was moderate. Great trail!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Actually being on the AT for a Thru-hike, I remember the nerves ran high and the miles melted under my feet. Crossing the 35 mile mark was a high point in and of itself as I never had hiked that far in one journey. The hill going up into NC was the first of the climbs I'd remember.