Amicalola River Trail

Amicalola River Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dawsonville, Georgia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

You must have a hunting license, fishing license, or GORP (Georgia Outdoor Recreation Pass) to enter.

The steps are my favorite!!!!

Short hike, interesting changes in landscapes but beautiful views of the Amicalola at the top.,

600 steps

Great trail for the family. I had my wife, 6 yo, and 4 yo out there. We took the long route around the west side and up the steps then back down again to the pool to finish back at the visitor station. 3 miles and took our sweet time. great day.

If you remember this as a nice trail through the woods that trail has been destroyed by deforestation. 50% of the trail has been logged and all trees knocked down. Don't waste your time with this trail if you want a walk in the woods. Go to the falls and take the trail behind the ranger station to the top.

Wasn't as easy as 25 years ago. Plenty of rest stops, best on cool morning

The Trail is Poorly marked so you could very easily get lost!

They logged a lot of the trail and it was not free n in that stretch. Trail by the river was best part

After making my way from the visitor center, I walked up the first flight of winding steps to the bridge overlook, midway down the falls. There were plenty of cascades and vegetation on my ascent. After photographing the falls, I went up another (slightly steeper) set of stairs to the top of the falls overlook.

If you'd rather, you can take the car up the road to the top of the falls- But, that's not as fun.